Club Badge (merged)

x3g609.jpg

I'm not obsessed!

What happens if they really fuck it up? Are we just going to accept it?

I'm not sure we'll have a choice, but I don't really trust the club as let's face it they sometimes get it plain wrong. Arsenal and Everton's 'modernised' new versions of their badges were pretty much hated by all their fans at first (maybe still?). I think we'll get something similar, but it's risky ground as if we don't like it we're going to have to put up with it as it will literally be seen every time we go to the match, every time we turn on SSN, every time we go online etc. They could offer a choice of three on a shortlist, but who would decide on it? At the risk of stereotyping, if you opened it up to everyone, some of our 'newer' and overseas fans might not exactly want the same thing as your average Mancunian blue. My six year old doesn't want to change it at all. I'm not sure anyone would if success in our current badge is all you've ever known.

I'm not sure we'll have a choice, but I don't really trust the club as let's face it they sometimes get it plain wrong. Arsenal and Everton's 'modernised' new versions of their badges were pretty much hated by all their fans at first (maybe still?). I think we'll get something similar, but it's risky ground as if we don't like it we're going to have to put up with it as it will literally be seen every time we go to the match, every time we turn on SSN, every time we go online etc. They could offer a choice of three on a shortlist, but who would decide on it? At the risk of stereotyping, if you opened it up to everyone, some of our 'newer' and overseas fans might not exactly want the same thing as your average Mancunian blue. My six year old doesn't want to change it at all. I'm not sure anyone would if success in our current badge is all you've ever known.

Everton actually went back to their original badge after one season and apologised for the abomination they made.

Everton actually went back to their original badge after one season and apologised for the abomination they made.

I didn't know that, fair play to them for doing so, but that highlights the risk in a new badge. Last year's kit said 'We Are City' on the inside of it. We have had some abomination kits down the years, which have had to go through someone. The same thing could happen if the club let their 'in-house designer' loose on it!

Don't see how you can come to the conclusion you don't trust the club if you have done the consultation, for me they have asked all the right questions, obviously they can't please everybody but I think we will end up with a badge chosen by fans. And younger fans like my son have a view just as relevant as us older fans after all they will base it on their memories .
What I did with my son was show him some old badges, showed him Gavs designs then let him do the survey himself and just answered his questions about what the various symbols represented. In the end his choices weren't much different to mine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.