EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? You think this faux moral outrage will have any effect on the working class?

The fact that he married a German is more likely to have an effect on the claim that he is a racist. i.e. none at all.
Yeah, that's why UKIP have loads of MPs and councillors right. And that's why the Brexits are panic stricken.

They don't like extremism in the UK and there are not enough working class Little Englanders to carry the day. The polls are swinging and I think there is real momentum. You can tell by the Brexit meltdown that they know that's true. I know people who have changed their minds because of Farage, btw and today's ugly little outburst won't have helped.

He still refused to confirm he'd veto it (and there is a huge difference).... Why? We may find out after the referendum on Thursday.
Yeah that's right, royally p1ss off the Turks at this delicate moment with Syria.

Genius.

Not mine but in tribute to Yep (Nopes) endless supply of pictures...

"We didn't fight two world wars to be ruled by Brussels/the Germans blah blah...."

I'm guessing, unless you are about 130 years old you actually didn't fight two world wars. I'm expecting that far from fighting any war, you've sat at home admiring your conservatory, and swallowing every euromyth Rupert Murdoch has fed you

You like the idea of "taking back control". You think leaving the EU will give you some kind of freedom. You haven't looked into the eyes of the people carrying those "taking back control" banners; Gove, Farage, Johnson. For some reason you think those guys have your best interests at heart? That they like alternative ideas? Or will allow you access to the truth? A free press? You do know that currently the UK is ranked 38th in the 2016 World Press Freedom Index? (Costa Rica, Ghana, Tonga and Uruguay all have a more independent media than the UK). That's how much our governing classes love freedom. They love their freedom (regulation-free) but not yours.

When they say "take back control", they mean; take control from Europe and give it all to them. The likes of Gove and Johnson and Rupert Murdoch. Journalist Anthony Hilton once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Maybe the likes of Murdoch and Gove and Johnson and Farage want out of the EU because the EU has been the institution that has done most to give workers rights of employment. Many of the benefits and protections British people have at work are thanks to EU regulations, and there's zero chance the Tories would make maintaining those rights a priority in the event of #Brexit (see http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/25/workers-rights-are-on-the-line-in-eu-referendum-warns-tuc).

You need to know this; Murdoch wants more power and influence and the EU is standing in his way, Farage wants to privatise the NHS, even Cameron realised Gove was making a complete mess of being Education Secretary so sacked him; and Boris Johnson hates you.

The EU isn't perfect, far from it. But do you know what status Gove said the UK would have if we were outside the EU? He said we would be like Albania. He seemed to think that was a good thing (see http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-britain-will-act-like-bosnia-and-ukraine-in-event-of-brexit-says-michael-gove-a6991711.html).

I know some people who live in, say Burnley, are brought up to believe that people living the other side of the hill, like, say in Blackburn, are somehow their mortal enemies. I wasn't brought up like that. I was brought up to believe our similarities are greater than our differences, that our common humanity is something to be embraced. The idea of retreating into an enclave, away from Europe, away from the world, disturbs me. We should be connecting to the world, building bridges and alliances (not retreating to a little England).

I'm voting #Remain because I'd hate the idea of living on an island with xenophobic leaders, fewer rights of employment, disappearing press and media freedoms, and an economy on a par with Albania.

Plus, I genuinely love being European. Take Boursin, for example. It's the eighth wonder of the world.

#Boursin NOT #Brexit.

Some pretty funny tweets surrounding Warsi's announcement..

warsi2.png

Haha! Pure class

Not mine but in tribute to Yep (Nopes) endless supply of pictures...

"We didn't fight two world wars to be ruled by Brussels/the Germans blah blah...."

I'm guessing, unless you are about 130 years old you actually didn't fight two world wars. I'm expecting that far from fighting any war, you've sat at home admiring your conservatory, and swallowing every euromyth Rupert Murdoch has fed you

You like the idea of "taking back control". You think leaving the EU will give you some kind of freedom. You haven't looked into the eyes of the people carrying those "taking back control" banners; Gove, Farage, Johnson. For some reason you think those guys have your best interests at heart? That they like alternative ideas? Or will allow you access to the truth? A free press? You do know that currently the UK is ranked 38th in the 2016 World Press Freedom Index? (Costa Rica, Ghana, Tonga and Uruguay all have a more independent media than the UK). That's how much our governing classes love freedom. They love their freedom (regulation-free) but not yours.

When they say "take back control", they mean; take control from Europe and give it all to them. The likes of Gove and Johnson and Rupert Murdoch. Journalist Anthony Hilton once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Maybe the likes of Murdoch and Gove and Johnson and Farage want out of the EU because the EU has been the institution that has done most to give workers rights of employment. Many of the benefits and protections British people have at work are thanks to EU regulations, and there's zero chance the Tories would make maintaining those rights a priority in the event of #Brexit (see http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/25/workers-rights-are-on-the-line-in-eu-referendum-warns-tuc).

You need to know this; Murdoch wants more power and influence and the EU is standing in his way, Farage wants to privatise the NHS, even Cameron realised Gove was making a complete mess of being Education Secretary so sacked him; and Boris Johnson hates you.

The EU isn't perfect, far from it. But do you know what status Gove said the UK would have if we were outside the EU? He said we would be like Albania. He seemed to think that was a good thing (see http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-britain-will-act-like-bosnia-and-ukraine-in-event-of-brexit-says-michael-gove-a6991711.html).

I know some people who live in, say Burnley, are brought up to believe that people living the other side of the hill, like, say in Blackburn, are somehow their mortal enemies. I wasn't brought up like that. I was brought up to believe our similarities are greater than our differences, that our common humanity is something to be embraced. The idea of retreating into an enclave, away from Europe, away from the world, disturbs me. We should be connecting to the world, building bridges and alliances (not retreating to a little England).

I'm voting #Remain because I'd hate the idea of living on an island with xenophobic leaders, fewer rights of employment, disappearing press and media freedoms, and an economy on a par with Albania.

Plus, I genuinely love being European. Take Boursin, for example. It's the eighth wonder of the world.

#Boursin NOT #Brexit.
and because you're a sanctimonious snob.

They almost had me there, even the Mail on Sunday was telling me we were better off staying in.

The scaremongering and this blatant opportunism from Warsi has set me straight.

Out it is and just like the General Election result, no market analyst or pollster knows jack shit.

We are about to see the real whites of the eyes of this country and 40-odd per cent of it will finally realise they never really knew it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.