EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - just went onto the equivalent thread on RAWK to see if there was a similar split/debate - I actually felt grubby after reading a few pages.

It is like a pack of dogs pulling anyone down who dares to have an 'alternative' view. Everyone is REMAIN and woe betide anybody that even hints at thinking differently - immediate accusations of racist, xenophobe etc. Would guess that voter base is running at about 95% REMAIN

Liverpool has gained more than most from the EU so its bound to be more Remain over there.

Anyway as I have said before immigration is a global issue not an eu one, people want to better themselves and I accept that we should just try and manage it a bit better from both within the European Union and outside that's all.

I agree it should be better managed, but I have more of an issue with the sheer numbers in certain areas than in the sheer numbers. Not many immigrants at all where I live, though going off some of my neighborhoods white anglo saxon these colours don't run types they could hardly bring some parts of Stockport down

I will make that point to my mother when I am next in Oldham I am sure she will feel so much better about where she lives....

Enjoy your day at the beach in Brisbane today?

I live in Oldham, well chadderton to be perfectly truthful, but a royton boy born and bred. The decline in Oldham is down to industry loss, however immigrants are not the problem in oldham, its third and fourth generation unemployed that think it's ok to be a bum. It's their families
that didn't want to do the menial tasks in the 60's and 70's that were essential for British business to prosper that allowed an influx of overseas workers. So we brought it on ourselves. However it's not the Asians that you see in the dole queue, it's the lazy, think their worth more than minimum wage, bummed at school tossers that you need to shout at. We need to stay in Europe without it this country will significantly suffer and businesses that pay our wages trading across the world will suffer because of blinkered racism!!!

I live in Oldham, well chadderton to be perfectly truthful, but a royton boy born and bred. The decline in Oldham is down to industry loss, however immigrants are not the problem in oldham, its third and fourth generation unemployed that think it's ok to be a bum. It's their families
that didn't want to do the menial tasks in the 60's and 70's that were essential for British business to prosper that allowed an influx of overseas workers. So we brought it on ourselves. However it's not the Asians that you see in the dole queue, it's the lazy, think their worth more than minimum wage, bummed at school tossers that you need to shout at. We need to stay in Europe without it this country will significantly suffer and businesses that pay our wages trading across the world will suffer because of blinkered racism!!!

I am a north Chad school boy. I agree with some of that. I am just saying immigration does not necessarily equal prosperity which is what people in Islington argue. It's more complex.

508 pages and a couple of inners are still trying to convince normal folk that uncontrolled immigration is good and a reason to vote in.

Liverpools (and RAWKS) userbase/support if far more geographically diverse than this forum

That's backed up by ragcafe's poll which has 70% out and 30% in - even celtic.net which is staunchly snp has a lower out rate at the moment at 60% and 11% undecided

508 pages and a couple of inners are still trying to convince normal folk that uncontrolled immigration is good and a reason to vote in.

508 pages and the outers are still trying to convince themselves that uncontrolled immigration is to blame for everything thats wrong in their lives

same as it ever was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.