European away games ticketing policy

This is a red herring mate. People with disabilities go straight to the front of the queue. There tends to be an awful lot of carers (queue jumpers) with these Blues too lol!
Actually there were at least three fellas in the queue near us in their 70s.
Being old isn't a disability, but they still should be treated better.

We offered to watch the space for the two old guys behind us so they could go and get a drink, have rest and go to loo,but the declined.

Why do people have to go levels where they're calling blues they've never met stupid, selfish or bores etc?

The reasons the club have brought this collection process are to with safety apparently. Whether you agree or not it looks likely that the system is here to stay and may even be introduced for domestic games.

Those (like me) are happy to queue for a ticket to a game that had the system not been introduced, we'd have had no chance of a ticket due to a lot of supporters ahead of the queue buying them and passing them on.

The system reduces that impact on the ticket allocation and it's a huge benefit to us on less than 14000 points.

Even if you hate it and see it as being treated like crap it wasn't the blues who might benefit from it that introduced it so I don't get the slagging off.
As your post was aimed at me I shall tell you why.
The poster in question has been all over both thread saying that queuing for two hours in the rain on Wednesday wasn't a hardship and applauds the club's action.
He is hypocritical as he never went and therefore has no right to say it's ok for others to have to do so, and he's selfish as he clearly gives two fucks for those who did.

I was passing a concert venue on Friday. Forget the name of the building. Touts openly selling tickets outside it. Door staff did not check id, only bags for drinks, etc.

Last edited:
As your post was aimed at me I shall tell you why.
The poster in question has been all over both thread saying that queuing for two hours in the rain on Wednesday wasn't a hardship and applauds the club's action.
He is hypocritical as he never went and therefore has no right to say it's ok for others to have to do so, and he's selfish as he clearly gives two fucks for those who did.
Now where have I put in either thread that queuing for two hours in the rain on Wednesday was no hardship ?

Why do people have to go levels where they're calling blues they've never met stupid, selfish or bores etc?

The reasons the club have brought this collection process are to with safety apparently. Whether you agree or not it looks likely that the system is here to stay and may even be introduced for domestic games.

Those (like me) are happy to queue for a ticket to a game that had the system not been introduced, we'd have had no chance of a ticket due to a lot of supporters ahead of the queue buying them and passing them on.

The system reduces that impact on the ticket allocation and it's a huge benefit to us on less than 14000 points.

Even if you hate it and see it as being treated like crap it wasn't the blues who might benefit from it that introduced it so I don't get the slagging off.
Fully agree pal.

I propose we now tweak the sysyem as it seems to have filtered out the so called points whore.

It's been in place for four away games now.
Clearly if you have been to all four games you can't be a points whore, you're someone who goes.

Therefore they should not have to queue at all but have your tickets posted as usual.
All those who who turn up for the odd euro away should have to go and collect their tickets at the city the game's played and prove that they are the people they say they are.

Everyone's a winner, the regulars are not put out at every game and the middle points people get to go to the games they pick and choose by queuing and proving their worth.

A EuroCityzens photo ID card would be the answer, tickets posted as normal but the ID to be shown to a City official before admission at the turnstiles. No queuing in the rain for tickets and the club get to charge £50 a season for the card - win-win. ;-)

If we're going to have to queue for two hours then why can't we queue at the ETIHAD when they first go on sale and take our flight/hotel confirmation?
Or is that too simple?

I propose we now tweak the sysyem as it seems to have filtered out the so called points whore.

It's been in place for four away games now.
Clearly if you have been to all four games you can't be a points whore, you're someone who goes.

Therefore they should not have to queue at all but have your tickets posted as usual.
All those who who turn up for the odd euro away should have to go and collect their tickets at the city the game's played and prove that they are the people they say they are.

Everyone's a winner, the regulars are not put out at every game and the middle points people get to go to the games they pick and choose by queuing and proving their worth.

Seems sensible enough to me. Issue is though that's it's the club that'll make whatever tweaks they feel are needed and I doubt that the supporters will even be consulted. Especially as reducing points whores isn't probably a factor when the system was introduced.

The bigger picture does seem to suggest it's more about control of supporters. Chelsea fans on train in Paris etc will not have helped matters but neither will the general behaviour of a lot of supporters of all clubs when travelling away.

Being in the champions league too had probably had an impact. A few hundred fans in say Thessaloniki getting pissed up and making a mess of a square there wont upset anyone. Do the same in Madrid, Paris or Rome and it could cause an issue for those in suits.

If uefa have told clubs to clean up their fans or face fines etc then clubs have to be seen to do something. So clubs are doing something and hiding behind the face of safety.

The need to queue up though in this day and age is poor. When I did England away around ten years ago we had membership cards with a photo on them. We also had to give the FA proof of travel like boarding passes and hotel confirmations. You had to scan your card if I remember rightly in order to get your caps (points)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.