Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows his form been, has he been making a difference or is it too soon to say?

A good save on 1-1 but palermo didn't create big dangers. The important thing is that he gives confidence to the defenders. They know they are in good hands and this is a big upgrade for us. Anyway tonight the game was decided mostly by ljaic with 2 amazing goals. Next sunday vs lazio will be a big test to understand where we can go.

A good save on 1-1 but palermo didn't create big dangers. The important thing is that he gives confidence to the defenders. They know they are in good hands and this is a big upgrade for us. Anyway tonight the game was decided mostly by ljaic with 2 amazing goals. Next sunday vs lazio will be a big test to understand where we can go.
Hope he puts in a blinding performance for you in the derby, he's had games at City where he saved us a lot of blushes or even made the difference between a win or a draw(in the Champions League especially), I wish him the best of luck.

My point is that there was literally no time to react once Clichy is beaten. Bravo did well to advance somewhat to cut off angles.. but beyond that it was sheer luck.

For my money, De Hea has the quickest reflexes of any keeper I've watched. But even De Gea wouldn't have had enough time to react to that point-blank shot. Rewatch the video - if you honestly think that Bravo could have done any better... well then we disagree. But I think, if you rewatch the video you'll see that there's literally no time to react.

For the record, I think that Joe had a world class performance for us last year - top 10 in the world. But to think that Joe or anyone else for that matter could have done better (luck not withstanding) against Lukako's goal... is expecting way too much in terms of reaction time from the human physique - no human, freakish De Gea included, could have done anything against that - again, 1:30 for the goal.

Your point is as much guess as anyone else's.

However, I will go off seeing Joe perform his 'starfish', learned from the Big Red Cnut who was our keeper, once.

Joe did it enough times, over the years, knowing when to come out to help his defender out.

He'd have closed Lukaku down quicker.

Much quicker, making his own luck, as a result.

Joe is the best one on one stopper anywhere,it's reasonable to think he would have saved it but no-one can say for sure obviously
Indeed he is. Best there is at stopping forwards running at you, especially in a one-on-one situation. The rest of his keeping is better than average but other keepers are better and his passing technique isn't great.

The thing is, the surging run and the one-on-one are the situations where it is most likely that we will concede goals the way we now play. As such City have made a trade off. superb passing against the ability to prevent a break away goal.

I think the ability to pass is more important and in reality the goal we conceded at the weekend should not have stopped us winning.

I still think Joe will become better than competent at passing given time. Sadly City don't have time.

Still, good luck to Joe, who is clearly making a big difference at Torino.

Last edited:
Your point is as much guess as anyone else's.
Uh, my point being that there's virtually no time to react between the time when Clichy is beaten and when Lukaku drills his point blank shot? How is that a guess?

Rewatch the goal beginning at 1:30 - kind of hard to follow the action and stop it frame by frame isn't it? It happens so fast.

If you're arguing that some keeper might have moved into a slightly different position and thereby deflected/stopped Lukaku's shot - no disagreement.

If you're arguing that such action should have been taken by Bravo and that Bravo should have done better... just wow! It would have been down to sheer luck to stop Lukaku's shot.

Uh, my point being that there's virtually no time to react between the time when Clichy is beaten and when Lukaku drills his point blank shot? How is that a guess?

Rewatch the goal beginning at 1:30 - kind of hard to follow the action and stop it frame by frame isn't it? It happens so fast.

If you're arguing that some keeper might have moved into a slightly different position and thereby deflected/stopped Lukaku's shot - no disagreement.

If you're arguing that such action should have been taken by Bravo and that Bravo should have done better... just wow! It would have been down to sheer luck to stop Lukaku's shot.

Thus the point being Joe would have made his own luck by coming out to help Clichy, earlier, which he has done time and again, previously.

You should watch Joe, in action, on this point.

I'm sure there's plenty out there on film.

Kind of agree after rewatching it. Clichy should of ran right at him and try to take him out instead he backed off.

Thus the point being Joe would have made his own luck by coming out to help Clichy, earlier, which he has done time and again, previously.

You should watch Joe, in action, on this point.

I'm sure there's plenty out there on film.

He has done that granted, however there have been many occasions where Harts dithering and indecision have cost us goals. West Ham away and PSG away being the best examples.

To use Lukaku's goal to in some way demonstrate Bravo’s weakness is frankly laughable. His positioning was pretty much spot on. It was a great finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.