Most underrated City player?

Gláuber Leandro Honorato Berti, the only City player I have ever witnessed whose every single touch was cheered by every City fan !
The most underrated bench warmer in the history of the club. His departure cost Mark Hughes his job!
Would love to see how Pep would have transformed him !
Sorry, getting giddy for tomorrow night !!!
CTID

I was shocked when Shearer said the 'only world class player is Aguero in the Prem' and then Neville said ' Hazard and Costa are up there with Aguero and Silva as the best players. Crazily it suggests to me KDB is underrated as I think he is now our best player.

I'd say

Hazard
Costa
Ramsey
Koscielny
Cazorla
Özil
Kompany
De Bruyne
Silva
Gundogan
Aguero
Coutinho (not a motd player anymore)
Eriksen
Alderweild
Big Conk

I'd have Payet and Mahrez there on last seasons form, Ramsey and Kompany are fitness permitting and Coutinho wouldn't have been in there on previous seasons but is now starting to dictate games which was where he was lacking before. Özil is on probation.

There's a few more arguable ones - Pogba, Sanchez etc but for me they're situational players, World class players either dictate games, control defences or score buckets of goals as well as having other qualities and they do it no matter what level they're playing at.

Keepers are always a tricky one, Cech, De Gea, Courtious, Lloris, Bravo, Schmeichel all have flaws but are nearly impossible for their clubs to improve upon.

Or jump as there was a 'heart in mouth' moment when he came on and played upfront against Everton.

Hopefully after he plays a few games those worries will reduce
Not sure, he's had that many injuries that unless it was a posture issue I think he'll be a bit part player from now on, playing 2/5 games.

Kolorov. Apparently considered useless by many but chosen regularly by the last three managers and lasted 6 years at the club.

He has a positive manner off the pitch and around the club, and works hard in training, no reason not to like him or play him, however he is inconsistant and as the old rhyme says when he is good he's very very good, bit when he is bad he is horrid.

Don't see him as either under or overated.

Umderated by english football is Ferdy, Nacho and to.some extent Silva.

I'd say

Hazard
Costa
Ramsey
Koscielny
Cazorla
Özil
Kompany
De Bruyne
Silva
Gundogan
Aguero
Coutinho (not a motd player anymore)
Eriksen
Alderweild
Big Conk

I'd have Payet and Mahrez there on last seasons form, Ramsey and Kompany are fitness permitting and Coutinho wouldn't have been in there on previous seasons but is now starting to dictate games which was where he was lacking before. Özil is on probation.

There's a few more arguable ones - Pogba, Sanchez etc but for me they're situational players, World class players either dictate games, control defences or score buckets of goals as well as having other qualities and they do it no matter what level they're playing at.

Keepers are always a tricky one, Cech, De Gea, Courtious, Lloris, Bravo, Schmeichel all have flaws but are nearly impossible for their clubs to improve upon.

Yes it was a real strange one. Of course we can go back to the age old discussion what is the definition of workd class but Shearer seemed to have it in his head it could only be a striker.

Pains me to say it but leaving a lot of players aside there is no was De Gea for example is not a top three keeper so he has to be considered world class, if arguably there is only one maybe two better than him.

The Prem is awash with top class creative midfielders at the minute KDB, Ozil, Payet, Silva. Looking around the world game and the top clubs im struggling to find better ones.

Yes it was a real strange one. Of course we can go back to the age old discussion what is the definition of workd class but Shearer seemed to have it in his head it could only be a striker.

Pains me to say it but leaving a lot of players aside there is no was De Gea for example is not a top three keeper so he has to be considered world class, if arguably there is only one maybe two better than him.

The Prem is awash with top class creative midfielders at the minute KDB, Ozil, Payet, Silva. Looking around the world game and the top clubs im struggling to find better ones.
There aren't really any, Juve don't use one, Iniesta is still brilliant but no better than any of the above now, Modric plays a deeper role but I'd include him, Koke also, it's the area Bayern are lacking in. Looking outside those clubs there's a few candidates but no sureties really.

Over-rated

Fernandinho's defending - misses so many tackles, gives away copius amounts of fouls and spends more time on the floor than any other player. Pressing is world class though.

Aguero's finishing - averaged 4 shots per game last season and scored 24 goals..Suarez averaged 3.9 shots per game and scored 40

Kolarovs left foot

Tbh he's a fucking idiot anyway and an even bigger one if he thinks that the by far and away highest paying league in the world with the most high profile clubs can only attract 2-4 world class players.

Aguero's finishing - averaged 4 shots per game last season and scored 24 goals..Suarez averaged 3.9 shots per game and scored 40
Suarez got an awful lot of tap ins last season when he was up against tranny for the golden shoe and top scorer in La Liga, was playing for a far superior side and even had penalties delegated to him once it was clear Messi couldn't win. Let's see who scores more this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.