Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted for Vinny. If he didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. Just needs a decent run of games to build his confidence now.

This is spot on.
I am anything but a Bravo fan but, although you are always taught to take the ball at its highest point - to blame him here is totally wrong - absolutely right that as a keeper you get the ball and if anyone is in the way they just get taken out. Kompany was just unlucky. Be interested (having not seen it on TV yet though to know if anyone called for it (Kompany or Bravo)

Weird one, he took a big hit but tbh it seemed like his leg came off worst
I don't think so, I think they were just cautious about his leg, and rightly so, because after he collided with Bravo, he did land awkwardly, but it definitely looked like concussion, and I thought so at the game, I suspect he was also winded by the collision.

That said, he looks hopelessly short of what Pep needs playing the way we do defensively.

confirmed by Pep that it was ahead injury that caused the substitution...saying that with all knocks to the head we need to be careful

Again, some people on here are way to eager to to right him off.......

Looking at the slo-mo replay on MOTD, he looked unconscious as he was going down. His head was whipping from side to side like one of the bobblehead things.
He's had some shit fucking luck over the last couple of years. I hope he recovers and leads us out in a champs league final. He's been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves more than the shit end of the stick he's currently getting.

I don't think so, I think they were just cautious about his leg, and rightly so, because after he collided with Bravo, he did land awkwardly, but it definitely looked like concussion, and I thought so at the game, I suspect he was also winded by the collision.

That said, he looks hopelessly short of what Pep needs playing the way we do defensively.

I think that's more his lack of match practice. He's a miles better footballer/passer than Otamendi or anyone else we could player at centre half, bar Stones, who himself is nowhere near as good at defending as Kompany is yet.

I think that's more his lack of match practice.
Yes, so he needs to be playing, but he doesn't play enough, and so isn't learning the system, and I said.....
Did I need to say "at the moment" ? If so my apologies.

I am anything but a Bravo fan but, although you are always taught to take the ball at its highest point - to blame him here is totally wrong - absolutely right that as a keeper you get the ball and if anyone is in the way they just get taken out. Kompany was just unlucky. Be interested (having not seen it on TV yet though to know if anyone called for it (Kompany or Bravo)
Bravo doesn't need to call for that, and Kompany was simply trying to get to a point where he could block Puncheon. Bravo did his job, and the collision was simply unfortunate.

Radio manc. said at the time that his knee was bent under with his full weight going on the joint at the time of the incident - concussion seemed the least of the problem .
I saw the incident and his right knee took all of his weight as it buckled under him.I will be surprised if he makes the Borussia game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.