Everton v City post match

They just asked Carragher what he thought of the 'quality' in their game.

There was hardly any from either side.

The only side to produce a highish standard at both ends so far this season, consistently, is Chelsea.

In fairness they didn't start coutinho mane clyne and matip, they did well

I thought it was the best I've ever seen us play there.

And there lies the problem. Too many confuse playing football with winning at football. I'll grant anyone that if the title was decided by ponderous possession and successful passes then we'd have it won already. The reality is that it isn't. It's won by getting points by winning games and avoiding defeat.

Our methodology of play has none of those two basic principles as its core philosophy.

We are akin to that boxer who stands in front of his static and limited opponent and shuffle our feet with arms raised carrying out the most ridiculous shadow boxing moves only for our opponent to punch us once and we collapse.

In short Pep, you are kidding nobody. The club it seems have for 4 years been working in bringing us a man who has managed to take the club backwards. It's a disaster and frankly as I've said before, sometimes you just have to admit you made a complete wrong call and change things.

Kompany should be appointed manager, Hart needs to come back.

Yes we are not clinical enough up front, not strong enough at the back, don't have enough fight or spirit, but the question I want to ask (which I asked in the match thread just before it crashed) is: Sterling gets the pen, yaya scores, would we have won today?

Sterling should just have FUCKING SCORED.....end of !!!

It's impossible to pull teams out of position if they don't want to be.

Every goal we concede is on the counter, even in the win against Barca.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Everton, they all sit in and wait.

Our passive aggressiveness, trying to switch the play, is food and drink for any team that prepares in the week and knows we will play everything in front of them at a stroll.

Keep Aguero with his back to goal, or let him spin out to the flank, job done.

The biggest slight I can hand Pep at present is that I could pick the tactics which would eradicate half of the issues.

Have the backline go back another ten metres and fuck off Clichy and Bravo.

We may have spent money but we're playing an aging full back and a player we've been trying to sell for two years in midfield. That's not what I'd call rebuilding.

So the money that has been splurged should have been spent in areas of more pressing need. 100% agree. Pep decided to loan out our two young full backs. No one has forced him to keep playing Clichy or Zabaleta. Injuries and a lack of faith in youth have prevented the overhaul the squad badly needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.