Everton v City post match

I am frustrated with Pep as much as I was with Pellegrini. Why not playing Garcia and Sane. Transition for transition get the kids used to the system. Klopp used an 18 yrs old right back in a game so important for them.

I thought it was the best I've ever seen us play there.
True and false. First half I thought we looked really comfortable but blunt. After 25 minutes we had created a few chances, should have had a penalty and then we went back to pointless dallying possession and you just knew the sucker punch was coming. We never recovered and got worse.

It's been a common theme for many games now but other opponents haven't had as good an attack as Everton. I thiught the hull game was eerily similar but they were quite a lot poorer than Everton in attack.

I think our shape is awful. It doesn't look like we do any shadow play and for all the rondos we see in training vids I haven't seen any first time incisive passing.

Positives:

- We're probably not going to be relegated!
- We're only 3 points off second
- Our academy is one of the best in the world
- We're unlikely to go bankrupt any time soon
- We made it through the CL group stages!
- Judging by the posts in this thread many posters have had successful bowel movements today, which is important for overall health and well being

We don't want this sort of stuff on here please Seb.

Out of interest, how many do you think bravo SHOULD have saved?

I don't think that's the point for people. They wasn't big errors but on the flip side if he saved any of them would you of gone wow what a world class save? His positioning is poor, he has no presence, doesn't even ever stretch when he's diving. He's a very poor goalkeeper and if you think otherwise you need your eyes testing.

We were tantalisingly close until that point...

Trouble is, if I had a penny for every time those words have been uttered on here this season, I'd have enough to buy a Formula One team. The reality is that we are espousing a game plan that is either inherently flawed in terms of its limitations in this league, or one that we don't have the players to make work. My bigger concern is longer term rather than today, however. Kompers and Ya Ya are near the very end of their City careers and Spanish Dave and Fernandinho, both 31, not far behind. That leaves DeBruyne and Aguero as the only two City players I'd be even remotely interested in if I were Klopp or Pochettino or Conte (Gabriel Jesus might turn out to be a world beater, or just a raw kid, we don't know yet). The rebuilding job needed is immense in my book, and that includes Pep's preferred MO

Last edited:
When he dives he actually does not move to where there ball is. When he dives he actually lands where his feet were. He may as well not dive. I would say an average EPL keeper would have saved at least 2 of those goals.

He is absolute shite.

This, for every goal today. Not saying he is at fault for all of them, but his effort at diving to get at the ball was shocking. No movement towards the ball.

I'm beginning to think Bravo could catch the ball, turn around, hurl it into his own net, and still get selected the following week.
Are you sure he could catch it in the first place?

We had a few decent chances in the first half but couldn't force a good save from even one of them, and some good approach play in the second, but we are toothless up front and totally in-fucking-capable at the back.
Which fucking dickhead waved goodbye to Demichelis and Quim Mangler then only brought in Stones? Did anybody really think Vince would be fit all season? Fucking madness.
We've had forwards to choose from when we won the league: Sergio, Tevez, Dzeko and Mario in 2011-12 generally with two up top and scoring loads. Then Sergio, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo in 2013-14 again with two up top and scoring loads. So why the fuck did we go into this season with just Sergio and a youngster like Nacho?
Nolito and Gundogan aren't out and out strikers.
And the view was shite, but you already knew that as it was at Goodison. Pre-match pie and chips was the highlight of the trip.
Didn't notice many "dry your fanny" morons in the first 15-20 pages; perhaps they'll appear now it's full time in their game at the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.