Sheff Utd post match thread

No we can’t. Liverpool could afford to lose 6 of their 16 remaining games and would still win it. They’ve only lost once in 2 seasons!! And that’s assuming we don’t drop another point which is highly unlikely. Never mind 33 to 1... I’d want 1000 to 1
I agree, although a Wolves win would give them the belief that top4 is a real possibility and could just upset the scousers mindset. The title isn't over, everybody thinks they've won it already (me included), but that just reinforces an invincibility about them. They can be beaten and I would like to see them at least suffer a bit in winning it. A couple of injuries, sendings off, see how it feels to really have to rotate a squad.

Paul Wilson, Guardian

"The goalkeeper was a yard off his line when the ball was struck and VAR could theoretically have ordered the kick to be retaken – the rules allow for an intervention in the case of “a clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement” – but as applause for Henderson’s heroics were still ringing round the ground as the game restarted the officials wisely opted not to start a riot."
Similar to that rag goal last season where as it was a great finish it didn't matter he was slightly offside.

Not the defeat i thought we would suffer, but not the easy win either. Great to get 3 points and a tough match out of the way. Man of the match was their keeper

You can't believe the mentality of a **** like Besic making that tackle on Laporte. I saw some reports saying it was mistimed, bollocks to that, he knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted to put Eric out for several more months.
Why didn't var look at that one then?

It wasn't just mistimed, it was so late it was nearly in next season. With very few exceptions I've never believed players go out to deliberately injure a fellow player but I thought last night there was a deliberate attempt to target Laporte (our best defender) on his return from injury in the hope he would either 'bottle' it or Pep would remove him. Thankfully neither happened.

Well, with regards to Raheem, Pep must be seeing something out there that I'm simply not seeing, because I don't see that he's having a significant impact on the game, and that's been the case for weeks. I'd try bringing him in to an advanced midfield role, much more central. Might work, might not, because he's getting nothing out wide at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.