Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Prior to the match, Mr A. Lallana publicly admitted that he seeks motivation elsewhere. Brighton may be the club paying his wages, yet the man clearly plays for Liverpool. Tonight we met another clown, Mr Dunk, introducing himself as Brighton's "tough guy". Ruben was wrong in the end, personally I wouldn't waste a moment of my time to spit on his face, wouldn't even give him that much of a value. Just out of curiosity, do Brighton's fans buy this shit? As for Mr Potter, a cold handshake from Pep in the first match, a rather formal one tonight, indications that our manager and his staff haven't forgotten last season's shithousery at their place, during as well as after the match. As much as I respect Potter's talent, I haven't either...

For the match: Thank you Pep, thank you boys, thank you TEAM. Shut your eyes and ears, please. Do not read BS, do not listen to cunts. You should already know that you will never get the respect and credit you deserve, they simply do not want you. You should accept this situation as another indication of your greatness -because that's what it is. And pay no attention to those of your own fans that keep doubting you. Unfortunately, some people do not have the stomach for this...

There are a lot of us who know exactly what is going on though -and what you're going through. No matter what happens, you can be sure that we are never going to forget this...

A massive win against a very good team hitting form again -a team that created nothing. A massive win achieved by MEN. Men with guts, men with character. That's what it took, plus patience, so as to deal with the pressure, our nerves, our well expected low energy levels -and personally I wouldn't bet that all players starting tonight had 100% recovered from their injuries. 73 fucking treatments following the Atletico match, a moving hospital, yet the usual clowns will not hesitate throwing all kinds of shit to Guardiola, questioning his "priorities" (to laugh or cry?), selections etc. Approximately 75% wins in his career from the guy, a ridiculous amount of trophies won, but it seems he needs to keep proving himself in every single match after 6 fucking years with the club...

Guardiola's City is an honor to the "beautiful game", also epitomizes the concept of sacrifice -once again proven tonight. As I said in another post, you can only hope there will be serious, honest people in the future to write the truth about what this man and his players have produced and achieved these years, operating in a hostile environment, against all odds. History usually takes its time for objective assessments and evaluations, but I have no doubt what the final word will be...

That's all. Deeply fucking moved from what I've witnessed tonight. Congratulations to everyone, proud of you all. Get some well deserved rest -and hopefully there will be no more "casualties of war" after tonight's game (Nathan and John are not the only ones I'm referring to). Good luck vs Watford...

I really want this one (and the champions league) because of the unbalanced fawning Liverpool are getting this year. We should have beaten them twice and we’d be 9 points ahead and home and hosed if we hadn’t been both unlucky and robbed by the ref in both games.

I still believe we will win both and it will be one of the sweetest seasons in our history.
“Just“ to win the league is enough for me. 4 seasons out of 5 would put us forever up with the greatest teams this country has ever seen if not the greatest.

The CL is I think losing some of its prestige, some of the recent finalists and winners have clearly not been anywhere near being the best team in Europe. I think your average impartial football fan realises that winning a cup competition can come down to luck or dodgy decisions and as such the best team doesn’t always win the CL.

I’m confident we’ll win the league but less so of the CL. It’s a fairly sure bet that we‘ll be on the wrong end of one or two shocking and potentially game changing decisions against Madrid.

Looking at it from the other side, imagine being Liverpool (if that’s not too unpleasant a thought). They must feel that they are running out of road now. Almost like the league title is slipping away (pun intended) and there’s nothing they can do about it.

They’re convinced they’re the best team and they are in great form but so what? They might well still lose. It must be demoralising, to be so close and playing as well as they can, but not able to actually get to the top properly.

Every game we win now is a big blow to them, even if it is a scruffy one-nil against Watford, for example.
Disagree, it did nothing to stop us winning the league when the situation was in reverse a couple of years ago.

This looks like it's going down to the wire, final game of the season, maybe there is another Aguero moment in the making, who knows!

Heads down and win each game as it comes.

No I hadn't forgotten Potters and Brightons shithousery last year either.
Was hoping we'd smack them 2nd half. I suspected we would when I noted Solly March and his midfield oppo, think it was Pascal Gross were both blowing out of their arses 5 min before half time. Thought they were relatively ambitionless really like a lot of sides who stick 5 at the back with 3 holding directly in front of them with no space in between. They got what most of those sides get, fuck all. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Once Kev did his Yaya impression and surged through them to create the first goal, the game was ours.

The other very significant moment was the return of a fresh and fit Ruben. I'm very confident having Kev and Ruben fit at the business end of the season will alter the course of this title race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.