Metrolink to / from Etihad

How many extra trams (or routes) have been provided since the capacity increased from 47,000?
How many extra trams (or routes) are in the pipeline for when the capacity increases to 60,000?

I'm not looking for a fight. I'm just genuinely curious, especially as the number of early leavers appears to be linked (in my opinion) to the chances of catching the first tram post match.

I noticed a similar thing at Tottenham last Friday night. An ultra modern state-of-the-art stadium with a third world transport infrastructure that hasn't really changed despite the ground capacity increasing from circa 38,000 to 60,000

Utter madness, but then again, this is the same Tottenham who've just declared a huge profit from concerts and NFL games.

Perhaps, City just consider it perfectly reasonable for everyone to walk to Piccadilly after the game.

Got to platform on FT, next Ashton tram 20 mins.
Two empty trams pulled up in front of us and then looped back to take Town bound Blues.
Two further Trams from Ashton came in so in all four Trams for Town bound Fans and nothing for Ashton.
Platform looked like January Sales outside the Arndale.
When one arrived it was normal service with people already onboard,
Managed to get on. Used to overcrowding before and after games but never experienced anything like this. Couldn't move my arms from my side.
People trying to get on at Clayton Hall and further had no chance.
Thankfully it was not raining, but utterly abysmal service .
We have been using the tram for a good few years now going and coming back.to.Ashton,its better than the bus,unless that as got.better of late which i doubt.

Last night though was worse than usual,we always stay to the end purely to.let the crowds disperse ,take our time.and walk.up.to.Clayton Hall,last.night there were a lot of people.waiting to get on the next tram,it turned up and was rammed,no one could get on it, because the next one said 14 minutes so we were that cold and wet from earlier we walked up to edge lane to try and get warm.
Luckily we got on the tram at that stop

Andy Burnham should never been elected mayor
I was going to write a rant but can’t be arsed with him. He ranted about HS2 but can’t even get his own public transport in order.
I do not like Andy Burnham.
He’s put MCR not short of third world.
To be fair he's done a lot for Greater Manchester, well Everton, but thats reasonably close so I think it counts

No. The new plan is no specials - it's now a regular 6-minute service all evening to town (12 mins to Ashton). Write to Burnham. Explain it won't be enough. I'm on a transport forum arguing with Metrolink employee who thinks an hour or an hour and a half to clear queues after the match is "not the end of the world".
No it is a full football match.

should just go back to the old days when after the games the buses were queuing up to get the fans away from the ground. I think this started fans leaving early in the 60/70s cos the buses use to leave asap

Had a look at the Metrolink website earlier. It seems that you can ‘rate your journey’. They want to hear our views to help them deliver a better service. Yeah ok.

I wrote to Burnham last year and asked what transport improvements had been put in place for the start of the new Arena on the Etihad campus and the risk of chaos because of football and music event clashes. There are no proposals included in the detailed planning application.
I got a response from his comms person with a link to the Metrolink website supposedly showlng ongoing improvements planned in the future. None of them had anything to do with the Etihad campus. It was just the usual patronising reply I have come to expect from politicians. Burnham well deserves his reputation as someone who can talk a good game but never delivers.
He’s a career politician, never lived in the real world and doesn’t understand real world people’s problems.

Andy Burnham should never been elected mayor
I was going to write a rant but can’t be arsed with him. He ranted about HS2 but can’t even get his own public transport in order.
I do not like Andy Burnham.
He’s put MCR not short of third world.
Who did elect him and when is he up for re-election? I swear he’s been mayor for a decade or more!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.