£10 ticket trial starting for tomorrow nights game

brilliant city,hope they sell a couple of thousand extra tickets to poorer fans with passion.the most important thing is that we create the right atmosphere for the team to perform,

city have one of the best marketing teams in football, live for city at a fiver,under 16 prices then 16-18 prices and over 65s,the trouble as posted above 47 quid is a lot of cash to pay for these seats 'the only ones available' over 19 games at £47 its a total of 893.00 without cup games,i think we will see a revamped price structure for next year with very big discounts the reason being gate receipst are nothing to our owners infact if we played behind closed doors it wouldnt make any diference,there final goal is a stadium of 70,000 at affordable costs and that will be achived,lets wait to see what happens with these seats next season before we knock the club

mammutly said:
Soulboy said:
But that's not your worry, is it?

Let the club concern themselves about ticket prices... I mean, they could charge everyone a tenner a game and it would make little difference to our financial position.

And if people do decide to leave it to the last minute to see if there are any bargains going... so what

The airlines, the tourist industry, lots of commercial organisations... have all used this policy.

And I don't once remember anyone saying that it was "embarrassing" when Easyjet charged £20 for a flight to Dublin.

You really do have to get into the modern world mate. It's called capitalism.

As long as you are there, looking around at a full stadium, a charged atmosphere... it will make the price of your season ticket look like a bargain!

It is generally not a good idea to try and sell a product at too high a price and be left with surplus stock which is then hurriedly sold off at cost price

It reflects a poor marketing/sales strategy. It's a business error.

Your applying business strategy to the running of a football club? Doesn't even apply in this instance........ you can't use the football modal in conjunction with business ethics.

1.618034 said:
I paid £34 last night...

Not very happy.

But presumably you were happy last night?

It's called the Law of Supply and Demand... if you don't want something, don't buy it... if you do buy something then it's because you wanted it. Simples.

Next time there's a sell-out you can laugh at all those who didn't buy a ticket quicker.

Put it this way. Do you think this offer will be repeated for United, Villa and Spurs? Not a chance. Those games will sell out.

Everton and Wigan during the week and both on Sky won't attract a sell out crowd ATM, especially with ticket prices as they are. Both fixtures would have pulld between 44k(Wigan) and 46K.(Everton) City are just shifting the remaining tickets.

If and when we make that leap into the top 3 and ticket prices are more affordable, the Midweek televised Wigan and Everton games will sell out.

Can I just add. The club are currently looking at other initiatives across the board at increasing attendances and improving the atmosphere. It's an on-going process with new ideas being looked at all the time. There's a lot going on behind the scenes the fans don't know about.(cough!)

1.618034 said:
I paid £34 last night...

Not very happy.

Were you happy to pay £34 last night though? If you were then whats the problem?

I ve paid £229 for 3 seats in the 1984 bar + my season tickets will be going to waste unless someone takes up my free offer.

Its unlikely I would ever benefit from cheap walk up offers but I love the concept of the club being prepared to do this.

jrb said:
Put it this way. Do you think this offer will be repeated for United, Villa and Spurs? Not a chance. Those games will sell out.

Everton and Wigan during the week and both on Sky won't attract a sell out crowd ATM, especially with ticket prices as they are. Both fixtures would have pulld between 44k(Wigan) and 46K.(Everton) City are just shifting the remaining tickets.

If and when we make that leap into the top 3 and ticket prices are more affordable, the Midweek teleivised Wigan and Everton games will sell out.

Can I just add. The club are currently looking at other initiatives across the board at increasing attendances and improving the atmosphere. It's an on-going process with new ideas being looked at all the time. There's a lot going on behind the scenes the fans don't know about.(cough!)

it aint on sky tomorrow

free tickets and free beer will get a full house and good atmosphere

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
mammutly said:
It is generally not a good idea to try and sell a product at too high a price and be left with surplus stock which is then hurriedly sold off at cost price

It reflects a poor marketing/sales strategy. It's a business error.

Your applying business strategy to the running of a football club? Doesn't even apply in this instance........ you can't use the football modal in conjunction with business ethics.

No Zin, it's worse than that.

What he states just doesn't make sense.

Most organisations would love to sell their product at as high a price as possible.. then any residual left they off-load for a bargain price... meaning they've sold everything.

Most of it has gone for a high price, and the stuff they looked like they weren't going to sell has been off-loaded in a job lot.

That is actually the economic model that would transform football finances!

It's a win-win for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.