Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this fucking moaning

Simply put there aint another Cavani or Falcao out there - Chelski are in the shit because there options are as risky as ours

Currently if we land Negrado our strikers are as good as anybody out there if not better.

Its a big big season for our major players Aguero has to perform as does Silva and others simply spunking 50 plus millions on players and expecting silerwear to land is both unrealistic and unlikely considering how much we are spending on over the road

sam-caddick said:
VOOMER said:
TRUE BLUE NO1 said:
Guys..hope you dont mind me posting a youtube link of Negredo but feel it shows that he's got better first touch andmovement skills than some give him credit for..i know he might not be the big name signing we had hope but still think he'd be a good signing...enjoy!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mptpP4hxEk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mptpP4hxEk</a>

He's not a game changer, he will bring *uck all to the club, I really don't think we will sign him. Our defense was horrendous at times, we got lucky so many times it was unreal last season. That said we need more goals from midfield and defense. Everton away was a prime example, Zabs twice and James, were free with the ball insider the 10 yard box, but passed instead of lashing the ball low and hard, which had been our problem all season. if we had conceded 8 less goals we would have won the league. We should be looking at our full backs and asking if Zabs and Clichy are good enough and if the supporting fullbacks can
actually play in a 4-3-3 system and can take some of the pressure of them. I would love to see Thiago Silva marshaling our defense, I don't' want to go into another season with Vinnie as our perceived stand out center half, he isn't a veteran in the role and once again, I feel we need every squad member to have a purpose, We need 2 star wing backs and 2 quality up and comers, 4 center half's in the same vain and 10 midfield players (4 of whom can play wing, or wing back to a good to great standard0, 3 center forwards. " key players are Zab and JM, they are top rate squad players who can cover midfield and defensive roles
Its the likes of Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and possibly GB that will either be a luxury , or deemed incapable of playing in the new system. Getting Robben,Reus, or Di Maria, would really make a difference. Thiago, would simply be great business and a quality signing. Luke Shaw and Sam Byram, would both be excellent buys. If we could by some miracle get Varana (I think from RM), then our futre would be looking sweet, but is it Pepe presence that has brought him along?
Negredo is not what we want, or need, if we have one player with 20 epl goals and 6 with 10 and 20 from the rest then we will be champions and likely have also done the double and possibly the CL semi's, but Norwich showed how truly *hit we can still be.

Basically you want a Galatico team.

It's won't work mate, too many egos.

Txiki and Pellegrini are building a team and having a player like Negredo who looks to be a third choice striker looks very good for us.

Vinny not our center half leader? Zab and Milner top squad players?? Zab and Clichy not good enough??

You having us on??

No Zabs and Clichy aren't on there own good enough, are they Lahm and Alves, or Marcelo and Alba? No there not, there good and Zabs case can player central midfield and left back. Clichy can also play right back. I feel we should buy Shaw and Byram, because I think those two could both be exceptional and would be the perfect back two Zabs and Clichy. Last season, we had several players playing through injuries and they suffered, we are looking to go further in two competitions. We play, well I think we will play attractive attacking football based on keeping the ball. That's a very draining style, look at Barcelona, they had two small a squad, they had played 8 more games than Bayern each time they played them in the semi. We need strength in depth we don't have that. As for Vinnie until Mancini arrived he was barely staring in the center of defense and played mostly in midfield, are you trying to say that he the better than Thiago Silva? So that's one galactico I have suggested we bust a gut for, hinted a 2 young full backs who I feel would be worth a shout, while pointing out we don't have the best full backs in europe a continent, that in football terms we want to conquer. Through in say Thiago, Di Maria and oh go on Sandro, would that be so extravagant?
Alos I'd rather have Milner at wing back than Micah

I agree Shaw could become a fantastic full back, one of the best in the world, not so sure on Byram in honesty, I have a mate who supports Leeds and said whilst he was their best player, that doesn't say much for Leeds now and that he wouldn't be a top full back in future. Coentrao might be an idea, I like Clichy, but he's very run of the mill and doesn't offer much dynamism, Coentrao is a very athletic full back and is good in attack when allowed, something Clichy doesn't excel in. Wouldn't want us to spend the £18m he's quoted as however, Kolarov always comes to mind when spending that much on left backs..

Besides that, Negredo would hopefully be on a 1/3 of what Tevez was on, he's going down and whilst still a top forward hasn't exactly offered us the world the past two years, especially the AWOL episode of the title winning season.

Jumanji said:
VOOMER said:
He's not a game changer, he will bring *uck all to the club.
I was under the impression that goals change games.

VOOMER said:
Negredo is not what we want, or need, if we have one player with 20 epl goals and 6 with 10 and 20 from the rest then we will be champions and likely have also done the double and possibly the CL semi's, but Norwich showed how truly *hit we can still be.
What about 1 player that can do that or more?

P.S. So which 6 are you relying on to hit double digit goal tallies?

Of what we have, with the right additions, Edin, Yaya, Milner, Nasri, Ferdi, if we signed Di Maria, 10 from him. I see your point. So what if we say, Silva 8, MIlner 7, Yaya 7, Nasri, 7, Ferdi 6, Edin 12, Vinnie 5, Clichy 3, Zabs 6, Navas 3 Rodwell 7 and Sergio with 20
91, if we sign the right players, we will continue to create and concede less.
I just don't see why signing Negredo is right when if other areas were give some real quality why what we have can't score more?

VOOMER said:
sam-caddick said:
VOOMER said:
He's not a game changer, he will bring *uck all to the club, I really don't think we will sign him. Our defense was horrendous at times, we got lucky so many times it was unreal last season. That said we need more goals from midfield and defense. Everton away was a prime example, Zabs twice and James, were free with the ball insider the 10 yard box, but passed instead of lashing the ball low and hard, which had been our problem all season. if we had conceded 8 less goals we would have won the league. We should be looking at our full backs and asking if Zabs and Clichy are good enough and if the supporting fullbacks can
actually play in a 4-3-3 system and can take some of the pressure of them. I would love to see Thiago Silva marshaling our defense, I don't' want to go into another season with Vinnie as our perceived stand out center half, he isn't a veteran in the role and once again, I feel we need every squad member to have a purpose, We need 2 star wing backs and 2 quality up and comers, 4 center half's in the same vain and 10 midfield players (4 of whom can play wing, or wing back to a good to great standard0, 3 center forwards. " key players are Zab and JM, they are top rate squad players who can cover midfield and defensive roles
Its the likes of Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and possibly GB that will either be a luxury , or deemed incapable of playing in the new system. Getting Robben,Reus, or Di Maria, would really make a difference. Thiago, would simply be great business and a quality signing. Luke Shaw and Sam Byram, would both be excellent buys. If we could by some miracle get Varana (I think from RM), then our futre would be looking sweet, but is it Pepe presence that has brought him along?

Basically you want a Galatico team.

It's won't work mate, too many egos.

Txiki and Pellegrini are building a team and having a player like Negredo who looks to be a third choice striker looks very good for us.

Vinny not our center half leader? Zab and Milner top squad players?? Zab and Clichy not good enough??

You having us on??

No Zabs and Clichy aren't on there own good enough, are they Lahm and Alves, or Marcelo and Alba? No there not, there good and Zabs case can player central midfield and left back. Clichy can also play right back. I feel we should buy Shaw and Byram, because I think those two could both be exceptional and would be the perfect back two Zabs and Clichy. Last season, we had several players playing through injuries and they suffered, we are looking to go further in two competitions. We play, well I think we will play attractive attacking football based on keeping the ball. That's a very draining style, look at Barcelona, they had two small a squad, they had played 8 more games than Bayern each time they played them in the semi. We need strength in depth we don't have that. As for Vinnie until Mancini arrived he was barely staring in the center of defense and played mostly in midfield, are you trying to say that he the better than Thiago Silva? So that's one galactico I have suggested we bust a gut for, hinted a 2 young full backs who I feel would be worth a shout, while pointing out we don't have the best full backs in europe a continent, that in football terms we want to conquer. Through in say Thiago, Di Maria and oh go on Sandro, would that be so extravagant?
Alos I'd rather have Milner at wing back than Micah

I've been saying that for the last 2 months, I could see him being a great wing back when playing against a parked bus.

dctid said:
All this fucking moaning

Simply put there aint another Cavani or Falcao out there - Chelski are in the shit because there options are as risky as ours

Currently if we land Negrado our strikers are as good as anybody out there if not better.

Its a big big season for our major players Aguero has to perform as does Silva and others simply spunking 50 plus millions on players and expecting silerwear to land is both unrealistic and unlikely considering how much we are spending on over the road

Why do we need to sign him? there are younger players who are already proven in the epl, who would cost the same, plus we are going to be changing the way we play apparently, to a loose 4-3-3, what would be wrong in paying the extra for Suarez, or virtually the same for Benteke? What about Lavezzi? He will be behind Cavani and Zlatan PSG?<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 am --<br /><br />
mcfc2607 said:
VOOMER thats one of the worst post's ive seen on bluemoon. so much shit, its unreal.

I'm distraught

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1696003-manchester-city-what-sevillas-alvaro-negredo-will-bring-to-pellegrinis-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1696 ... rinis-team</a>

Nice article....I agree with below observation:
Negredo is a pure striker; he'll play in and around the penalty area for City and he will, quite simply, look to score goals.

On Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli, as individuals, Negredo is almost certainly not a direct upgrade. Both have had a bigger impact on the international scene already than Negredo has, and at 28 years of age when the new season starts, the Spaniard is not likely to achieve too much more.

He was left out of the Confederations Cup squad and has just 14 caps so far.

Individually, both Balotelli and Tevez, who have left Manchester City this calendar year, are better all-round footballers than Negredo, though as an in-the-box predator there's a case to be made for the preference of the Spaniard in terms of goal numbers and his shot conversion rate, which stood at close to 17 percent last season.
He is not a creative outlet, he will not drop into the midfield line to create space ahead of him for runners from deep, and he's not likely to dribble past two or three players before playing a through ball. What Negredo can do, though, is work the channels very well, provide a constant presence on the shoulder of the opposition back line and be a threat both on the ground and in the air, allowing him to fit into most modes of attack.

Have seen many times, Tevez coming up wth piece of brillance when our mid filed has off day..I fear we cant expect with Negredo

Also during FA/Carling cup we had luxury of playing atleast one creative striker along with Dzeko....if we rest Aguero thn we may lack on tht front
with Negredo and osvaldo as back up....
May be get in david Villa instaed of getting both Negredo and osvaldo

And I question, how many times has it looked like the midfield has had an "off day" when in reality, it's because they've got no one to pass to because Tevez/Dzeko aren't where they are supposed to be?

MCFC-alan88 said:
And I question, how many times has it looked like the midfield has had an "off day" when in reality, it's because they've got no one to pass to because Tevez/Dzeko aren't where they are supposed to be?
I don't think anyone can seriously argue that our movement off the ball was anything but horrid for long stretches this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.