Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saif1994 said:
supercity88 said:
Most sides have one star striker and then several back up players. We have had to balance 4 strikers all of whom felt they were the number 1. It is now clear Aguero is our main man and rightly so. Dzeko is a different option and a player who has a great scoring record, despite his work rate or touch etc meeting the approval of many (myself included). Negredo is clearly someone who will score goals even if he adds little else. I think rather than play a huge amount for Benteke who may or may not be a one season wonder, we are more likely to invest time and energy into Guidetti and our academy in terms of good young players. Instead we will add players like Negredo who are at a peak age and will add something different to the side. He is also someone who is more likely to be willing to fight for a place and not expect to start every game.

Big name signings do not always work out and Txiki and Soriano have experience of them failing. I think Cavani was someone Mancini was desperate for but Pellegrini is different. He will not throw his toys out of the pram if we dont sign players like Cavani. Instead he is aware of the importance of a team and having a group of players that perform well together. He has probably identified the weaknesses in our side and said this player will do this, that player will do that. Get them and we will have a great squad. Our first 11 was already one of the best in Europe but beyond it we lacked that real strength in depth. This will not be the case anymore. We will have a squad that will play more than one way and therefore be able to beat teams that attempt to just sit and defend. Players like Navas and Negredo will be key to that.

+1

Also, this is the most comprehensive video of Negredo I've seen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY-3hne431c[/youtube]

Ahhhh now I get why he doesn't play for Spain. He wants to score instead of passing!

What I can tell from that video: He knows where to be, he has a good left foot and he likes to chip goalkeepers.

Madrid would start Suarez yes, Higuain is leaving and Benzema isn't their preferred striker. I have to agree with the latest comments, Negredo just looks like a player who given half a chance will shoot. Which would be perfect as City have often tried to pass instead of shoot in recent times and that was the downfall of Arsenal. I think this would be another sensible signing alongside Fernandinho and Navas.

I think the addition of Navas and his pace will affect our style of strike play this season. We never had that under Bobby M. So people moaning about Negredo's pace should ask themselves this: do you want a Walcott who has pace to burn but whose strike rate is relatively poor; or someone who's smart, gets in the right place at the right time and knows where the goal is?

Same goes for Osvaldo.

I'm pretty sanguine about our potential purchases. A lot of posters on here just exhibiting summer frustration waiting for the season to arrive. We must trust in Pellers and Co to do the right thing.

Few years old but I like this goal. He's not van Persie, but he has very good technique. About 2 mins in:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKBf7vsyIG0#at=135[/youtube]

whicko said:
Mrmcfc said:
VOOMER said:
Why do we need to sign him? there are younger players who are already proven in the epl, who would cost the same, plus we are going to be changing the way we play apparently, to a loose 4-3-3, what would be wrong in paying the extra for Suarez, or virtually the same for Benteke? What about Lavezzi? He will be behind Cavani and Zlatan PSG?

-- Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 am --

I'm distraught

Players like Suarez want to start all games. We cannot offer this to players. They wont come and sit on the bench. Simple.

Just curious zoomer, how old are you?
(Not being a ****, genuinely interested)
Its rude to ask a lady her age!!

haha very funny, cheeky *ucker!

Robbo. said:
I don't want to sign a play for the sake of signing a player.

Lets see how Guidetti starts this season, keep Dzeko. We don't need this player. I'm not being a spoilt brat I not demanding a player. Keep what we have.

Guidetti is 2 months (his own words) away from being "ready to play" that's a long, long way away from match fitness. So we'd be spending 2-3 months (assuming there are no other setbacks) with only Dzeko and Aguero.

That is the height of stupidity and simply will not be allowed to happen.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Saif1994 said:
supercity88 said:
Most sides have one star striker and then several back up players. We have had to balance 4 strikers all of whom felt they were the number 1. It is now clear Aguero is our main man and rightly so. Dzeko is a different option and a player who has a great scoring record, despite his work rate or touch etc meeting the approval of many (myself included). Negredo is clearly someone who will score goals even if he adds little else. I think rather than play a huge amount for Benteke who may or may not be a one season wonder, we are more likely to invest time and energy into Guidetti and our academy in terms of good young players. Instead we will add players like Negredo who are at a peak age and will add something different to the side. He is also someone who is more likely to be willing to fight for a place and not expect to start every game.

Big name signings do not always work out and Txiki and Soriano have experience of them failing. I think Cavani was someone Mancini was desperate for but Pellegrini is different. He will not throw his toys out of the pram if we dont sign players like Cavani. Instead he is aware of the importance of a team and having a group of players that perform well together. He has probably identified the weaknesses in our side and said this player will do this, that player will do that. Get them and we will have a great squad. Our first 11 was already one of the best in Europe but beyond it we lacked that real strength in depth. This will not be the case anymore. We will have a squad that will play more than one way and therefore be able to beat teams that attempt to just sit and defend. Players like Navas and Negredo will be key to that.

+1

Also, this is the most comprehensive video of Negredo I've seen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY-3hne431c[/youtube]

Ahhhh now I get why he doesn't play for Spain. He wants to score instead of passing!

What I can tell from that video: He knows where to be, he has a good left foot and he likes to chip goalkeepers.

Right. NEGREDO is currently the best striker in Spanish but it is very individualistic. He likes to finish every play. Try to make the goal more complicated. When left hand side of the goalkeeper is always chop the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.