1 point behind. 30 to play for. Get a grip!

Stoned Rose said:
Dumfries Dave said:
bono said:
this ,lets have them looking over their shoulders ,they are not as good as they think they are,

Im in this camp :)

Are you genuinely suggesting our loss today was a shrewd move by mancini?

I agree being chased is not something the rags will relish, but no way did Mancini make use lose on purpose in order to be shrewd.

Ive took it as optimistic sarcasm. I dont believe that it was on purpose whatsoever and I very much doubt the original poster does either.

The issue is not the loss of one game, because in every other season we would still be 4 or 5 clear at least. This season, the rags have got the bit between their teeth and are almost now on autopilot.

They have built this level of fear into the opposition over a 20 year period. Teams expect to get beat when they play them. We are new kids on the block and as such are there to be shot down.

I always thought this would happen when they scored the 92 min winner at Norwich.

Can anyone remember the last time we came back from a goal down?

The games we have lost this season

2-1 (We were ahead)
1-0
1-0
1-0

The games we have drawn
2-2 (We were ahead)
1-1 (We were ahead)
0-0

I turned off today at 1-0 as I knew it would end like that.

We havent managed to overturn a losing position once away from home and I cant remember us being behind in any game at home.

It is this that will ultimately cost us.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I always thought this would happen when they scored the 92 min winner at Norwich.

It's what they do.

But that goal and then them beating a shite spurs team was when I really started to have doubts.

The annoying thing is that when teams actually have a go at them - Us, Ajax, Blackburn, Bilbao - they show utd up for what they are.

There are alot of points to play for, but I do question if some of our lot really have the stomach for a scrap

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The issue is not the loss of one game, because in every other season we would still be 4 or 5 clear at least. This season, the rags have got the bit between their teeth and are almost now on autopilot.

They have built this level of fear into the opposition over a 20 year period. Teams expect to get beat when they play them. We are new kids on the block and as such are there to be shot down.

Can anyone remember the last time we came back from a goal down?

The games we have lost this season

2-1 (We were ahead)
1-0
1-0
1-0

The games we have drawn
2-2 (We were ahead)
1-1 (We were ahead)
0-0

I turned off today at 1-0 as I knew it would end like that.

We havent managed to overturn a losing position once away from home and I cant remember us being behind in any game at home.

It is this that will ultimately cost us.

Most telling and true thing I've read on here since the game ended. I fully expect we can take all 6 points from the 2 derby games this season, but it may prove to be irrelevant as there doesnt seem to be another team in the league that has the balls to stand up to the rags. Big hump to get over for us unfortunately.

The momentum, confidence and fixtures are now in United's favour. City need to win 10 games from here which will be extremely difficult. Our away form in the League and in Europe has been poor bar two stellar performances. Roberto needs to have a major rethink on tactics and lineups away from home, he should have done something months ago. Doing nothing and putting our heads in the sand will achieve nothing. We simply cannot grind out victories. It's either overwhelming supremacy or nothing. We must play the mentally strong players in the away games.

Gelsons Dad said:
As long as we are within 3 points when they come to ours we will win the league.

I would hate to be any further than 3 behind them as that opens up the nightmare scenario that nobody wants.....

iqko08.jpg

The worrying thing is that it seems we are other teams cup final, whereas opposition managers seem to tell their own players to just go out and enjoy themselves against united.

Name me one manager that would rather see Mancini win it over Ferguson?

Good to be optimistic, but I think a bit a realism is called for also.

Today, many of our players didn't show any fight and looked disinterested.

Because of this balls-up, we are are now dependent not only on our performances but on Un***d messing up.

Unbelievable with the players that we have compared to theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.