10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo, Grealish and Foden and/or Bernie is a terrifying left side of the field. It also frees up space down the right, which Jesus has done a decent job of exploiting, but Mahrez or Sterling will have fun with at some point. I'm confused what people thought we were buying him for - it's for him to collect the ball, and free up space for runners (among other things). And we're only a few games in!

Going to take us the next level you all said...
A match winner you all believed
A cut above and different to anything else you all insisted

Now - he needs time to get up to speed
Or
We must wait till KDB is in the team to see his full potential.

The excuses are flowing.

He is undoubtedly a good player. Did we need him? No
Has he done anything exceptional yet.? No

Honestly the shit some of us got for questioning this transfer verged on Dipper cult mentality.

He is an expensive back up in a position we didn't need.
A strange post, in my view, as I think he has made an excellent start. I'd be surprised if the stats don't back that up too, based on the three games he has played. Even if that is the case though, it is far too quick to judge a new player at a club, even one as expensive as he.

He’s playing well at the moment. He’s good at what he does but he will certainly have to step it up a notch to be in our strongest 11. He’s got Sterling breathing down his neck who has turned out numbers of an elite player for years now. Then there’s Foden who is a level above Grealish at just about everything.

I’m sure Pep has a plan, but there’s not many positions up for grabs. If fit Foden, De Bruyne, Bernardo & Gundogan all have to start the biggest games. Basically leaving forward right as the only real position available and Jesus has started the season better than Jack.
Must be shitting it with Sterling breathing down his neck

Or

The excuses are flowing.

Honestly the shit some of us got for questioning this transfer verged on Dipper cult mentality.

We bought him as a replacement for Bernardo but he didn’t leave.

I think one thing people will have to realise about Grealish is much like David Silva (and in a different way, Bernardo Silva), his goals and assists tally won't be where he shows his ability.

Grealish in the last 3 games has played so many potential 'assist before the assist' passes it's unbelievable. He's carried the ball up the pitch with his dribbling more than any other player in the league (by a big margin too). He's drawing players in and thus creating space for others like a magnet.

Grealish is like a master key that unlocks all doors, but he's never going to be the one to actually go through the door. This will likely stay the same as long as he's playing on the left wing too.
Is this the same David Silva who is 6th in all time Premier League assists and Manchester City’s all time assister with 128???

Or

The excuses are flowing.

Well at least you’ve given him a fair chance….

We were far too indulgent with the likes of Merlin, Yaya, Zab and Vinny.

Is this the same David Silva who is 6th in all time Premier League assists and Manchester City’s all time assister with 128???
Mate I think you know what he was getting at. Dave was the guy who made the assist possible with the ball before the assist. He did get a lot of assists but what the poster is saying Jack will hopefully become that man, the one who makes the assist possible as well as getting his fair share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.