10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most ex-player pundits are thick as pig shit and probably know less about the game then the fans. The fact most of us mute the commentary and skip over the banal pre/post game chatter is testament to that.
Yeah. If what we hear on telly is any indication, they know the sum total of fuck all, although I suspect most of it is media packaged for consumption by the masses. If they were to spend any length of time on a fans’ forum or you met them down the pub, I suspect their opinions would be more honest and they might have something interesting to say. All the same, Chicago Blue’s coming perilously close to saying ‘D’you know who I am’. :)

Normally players get 6 months from the fans to settle in. I guess the price tag is a reason for the impatience by some, but it’s not his fault. I reckon he’ll score plenty of goals for us when he’s settled in and be a good creator. He’s made a good start.

Oh dear lord, help me!
You are clueless!!!

My father was a pro.
I was a pro.
I grew up watching him play for about 18 years, while playing at City, Sunderland, Leeds United (where I turned down a pro contract to stay in school and do my A Levels) and Oldham Athletic…oh, yeah, and with England schoolboys U-16 at Lilleshall…before coming to the States and playing pro over here, first indoor then outdoor. I played with the likes of Rodney Marsh, Kaz Deyna, Ade Coker. I’ve also helped make up the numbers in Charity Games with the likes of Bobby Charlton (and other names that would only serve to show my age).

But, you’re probably right…I couldn’t possibly have learned anything during that 25 yr period, let alone comment about a player who has played only a handful of games for City, yet any criticism or potentially negative comment receives the dreaded “hater” tag.

Sometimes this place just makes you laugh!!!

You “have a good one” too!

Good luck with your Fantasy Football this week. Hope you weren’t pinning your hopes on Grealish! HAHAHAHA!!!
Your criticism of him shows that you really dont understand football. You could watch it for 100 years and still be clueless, look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Anyways whatever floats your boat , buddy, if you want to think Grealish is a flop , good for you, i'm glad that Pep is our manager and he understands football and thus we'll keep seeing Jack in our team !

Oh dear lord, help me!
You are clueless!!!

My father was a pro.
I was a pro.
I grew up watching him play for about 18 years, while playing at City, Sunderland, Leeds United (where I turned down a pro contract to stay in school and do my A Levels) and Oldham Athletic…oh, yeah, and with England schoolboys U-16 at Lilleshall…before coming to the States and playing pro over here, first indoor then outdoor. I played with the likes of Rodney Marsh, Kaz Deyna, Ade Coker. I’ve also helped make up the numbers in Charity Games with the likes of Bobby Charlton (and other names that would only serve to show my age).

But, you’re probably right…I couldn’t possibly have learned anything during that 25 yr period, let alone comment about a player who has played only a handful of games for City, yet any criticism or potentially negative comment receives the dreaded “hater” tag.

Sometimes this place just makes you laugh!!!

You “have a good one” too!

Good luck with your Fantasy Football this week. Hope you weren’t pinning your hopes on Grealish! HAHAHAHA!!!
Forget the debate about Grealish, i'm trying to work out who your old man is...

Thought we missed him against Burnley, strangely. What he brings us in the shape of keeping the ball rolling, keeping it moving, stopping things from going a bit static and stale - we didn't have that yesterday. Still got the game won but large portions of it were pretty irritating to watch as Burnley sat deeper and deeper and we snatched at half-chances. Grealish has definitely ensured that, in games where he plays well, the quality of our chances are a lot better.

He is still struggles in false nine roles, though i reckon Pep intentionaly doing that. Putting Grealish in F9 roles in one of the toughest City games so far against Liverpool at home.

He probably can easen Grealish on easier opponent, but he choose to do it on hardest opponent as possible at home. Maybe he want Grealish fail so hard in that role, so he can learn a lot of why he is doing it wrong from Pep rather doing it on easier opponent where he will learn very little from it.

Grealish must be looking at Sterling's performance against Burnley and thinking what am i doing on the bench , Pep trying to give Sterling some game time nearly cost us against Burnley , Grealish and Foden are both way ahead of a totally out of form Sterling.

Jack was shite against Liverpool, there are no players in this system other than Torres or Jesus who look anything other than dreadful when played up front in this system. Neither should be judged on their performances in the mess that is our front three right now IMO.

Forget the debate about Grealish, i'm trying to work out who your old man is...
Nobody you’d know, but he was friends with Freddie Pye, Ken Barnes, Buzzer, Bobby Charlton, and Denis Law, amongst other people you would know. I grew up meeting these people. Freddie Pye is my brothers godfather.

Jack was shite against Liverpool, there are no players in this system other than Torres or Jesus who look anything other than dreadful when played up front in this system. Neither should be judged on their performances in the mess that is our front three right now IMO.

The mess may be in your head, ML. The system is pretty good for the team, and individual performances should be judged relative to team performances. The team was phenomenal for big parts of the games vs Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool, at their own grounds at that. To think in terms of front 3, and to characterise it as a mess is something I don't quite agree with.

Last edited:
The mess may be in your head, ML. The system is pretty good for the team, and individual performances should be judged relative to team performances. The team was phenomenal for big parts of the games vs Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool, at their own grounds at that. To think in terms of front 3, and to characterise it as a mess indicates you don't quite understand how we play and why.

We used to be just as good in midfield and defence without needing to basically carry the front three (think 17/18 season). It's this lack of goals from our forwards that proved so costly in the CL final when all of them looked exactly as low on confidence as an attacker whose main objective is to keep the centre-backs busy can be expected to look.

We used to be just as good in midfield and defence without needing to basically carry the front three (think 17/18 season). It's this lack of goals from our forwards that proved so costly in the CL final when all of them looked exactly as low on confidence as an attacker whose main objective is to keep the centre-backs busy can be expected to look.

Maybe, I don't know. I think we are more solid when we play with a false 9, this helped us reach the CL final. The 17/18 team was fantastic, I love it, but it lost 3 consecutive games vs Liverpool. I think that the referees in those CL games helped Liverpool. But so did Tierney a week ago, and we didn't lose. In other words, I think this team wouldn't have lost the CL tie with Liverpool, and not 3:0 at Anfield anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.