10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope the penny drops with him in goal scoring because that's the only thing lacking for him at the moment.

I had this debate with someone saying if he can't score then he should atleast have assists, but stats are so much more involved, please do not only judge a playmaker by assists. Even David Silva, who while respectable on assists, would be seen as an average player for a top team if that's all you saw.

This is our team when sorted by SCA (Shot Creating Actions) per 90.

View attachment 57518

Grealish is the best player at holding the ball and letting us shoot. It doesn't mean he has to pass to the shooter, but his actions more than any other player on our team, allow us to shoot the ball.

This is an amazing quality to have in the team, and another way to look at a playmaker (somebody who holds the ball, can dribble and make a clean pass forward, perhaps not a killer pass) rather than a direct passing player like Kevin (Kevin is high in both notice he has 2.06 GCA/90, eclipses everybody in world football on this stat for direct assists).

BTW these were the stats in the United Game:

View attachment 57520

It's a new stat I'm using more and more in my conversations, adding it into goals and assists. It rewards players who are David Silva-esque.
Those goals will come, he’s saving a couple for v L’pool;)

Watching the game again I thought the link up with Sergio really helped Jack. Nice interchanges and always options, seems much smoother than having a right back there as defenders don't know if they have to cover outside or inside. Good signs when we attacked down the left.

He has to start every week now. He’s so important and influential in each game.
He really wants to score and assist too. You can see how dissapointed he looks. He knows all the other attacking guys are scoring, so he needs to get in on the act.

I feel for him. It's coming though. 12 and 10 for the season.

When I heard the pundits talking about his latest improved performances I really got scared and excited at how good this team really is and could be if Jack starts to live up to his expectations. You could really see it in the performance against Copenhagen. Magic

He has taken the goals and assists to heart and appears to be a sensitive guy. For me, he has always been decent but has now moved on a level - he was never as bad as some on here proclaimed and neither were Rodri, Gundo and Mahrez. I liked the information provided by @WallyA which clearly demonstrated his value to the team.

Jacky boy lacks stability and has problem with the attitude..

Number of mistakes today, even though match was already won..

Should have scored as well, Foden would have definitely scored there..

He still is the player, Pep has the most work to do in terms of improvement..

My favourite one anyway - because of the potential.. :DDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.