10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty who want him to fail,this was evidenced prior to his arrival when the insults and vitriol aimed at him were off the scale.Many of those same people have carried that into this thread and on the edge of their seats waiting for a showing like the first 45 mins last night.

The only issue with Grealish is the price tag,he has offered and delivered plenty in his time here,goals and assists aren't the only factors......had he cost 40m the majority would not bat an eye lid.

Was he any less effective than Mahrez last night? Has his thread jumped enormously overnight?

Just don't think this is true. I certainly never aimed any vitriol at him after he signed and didn't see any from anyone else - why would we be having a go before he kicked a ball? I did start to criticise him after we were most of the way through his first season and he'd barely done anything.

You're right that we'd be less critical if he had cost £40m. But he didn't, so I hardly see how that's relevant.

He was more effective than Mahrez. The difference is that there's nobody other than Algerians still pretending Mahrez is good enough. Everyone agrees that he needs to be moved on ASAP, so there's little point discussing it on his thread.

And lastly, I'm going to echo what another poster said about how your repeated criticism of Sterling, who offered infinitely more than Jack, massively invalidates your sudden desire to give Grealish time now.

Wants him to fail? No blue i know wants him to fail, why would they? But he is failing, failing to deliver and live up to the hype, and that's a fact. Many thought Grealish would kick on from last season and he's doing no better. If anything he's become easier to work out for defenders. He can't beat a man, no turn of pace, offloads the ball soon as he can with square and backwards passes. 3 good chances squandered and 2 assists because he has no confidence to score. Sterling was a frustrating player( like I've said) but he was fast paced and delivered plenty of goals and assists, should have had more but I'm digressing now.

I want to see Grealish putting In MOTM displays and making things happen when he comes off the bench, but sadly I'm not seeing that. With the skills Grealish has it's as though we're being short changed, it feels like he's taking the piss when he's playing passively in making easy passes. Sorry, but unlike some I cannot praise mediocrity...

This idea that we want him to fail is laughable. I bet the people who spout that crap also think the moon landing was faked and that vaccines contain tracking devices.

Jack is a torment to defenders. Last night was a typical 'Grealish' game, two assists, drawing foul after foul, some of which were given by the modern day Tirebuck. Just a pity he couldn't convert the chances he had - but they wouldn't have been tap ins.

A lot of us don't want to watch him get fouled over and over again and that's perfectly reasonable opinion to have - it's not entertaining to watch in the slightest.

I want to see a winger who gets the ball and their first thought is 'how do I turn this into a chance?'. Jack's first priority - almost every time - is 'how do I win a free kick from here?'. Which would be great if we were anything special as a set piece team but we're not.

Last edited:
He literally provided the assists that won us the game last night and is still being accused of not contributing by the clowns of BM.
Get some fresh air you cranks.
Perhaps next year your posts will stop with the silly insults , you do that all of the time rather than discuss the subject

I tend to measure players when they perform or "clutch" when it matters. When it REALLY matters.

I'm talking a 1-1 away, needing 1 goal to qualify in a CL semi-final. Players like Kev, or Mahrez, which despite the criticism have done this for us, players like Di Maria ( UCL 2014, WC22 ) CR37, Messi, even our young Alvarez seems to have this ability, Robben, Muller, Suarez etc.

It's the shit inside the players that elevates them from good/very good to legendary, whilst on the pitch. Unfortunately, I feel some of our fan-base is still stuck in the monetary pointing vicious circle, where as we have paid x amount of money, therefore the end product unequivocally must be x as well. Alas, the world of football financials is beyond broken and I'm going to go to Julian Alvarez again, as it has been proven quite clearly with this insane transfer. A lad that had he been born in the UK, he wouldn't have been transferred without 4 encyclopaedias about his mum and how's she's a Liverpool fan, 7 months of drama with United offering blow-jobs to his relatives, 75 Wankbridge videos, and 150 million price tag to start the conversation.

( By the way, Sterling was one of those players that did not have the ability mentioned above. We have seen it time and time again. )

Jack is like Sterling in that regard. I believe he was brought out of multiple reasons. We needed a work-horse that can carry the ball, we needed a player that can play in multiple positions, and we needed a player that will do as he is told, irrelevant of what the fan-base and pundits want him to do. There is a parallel universe where Mendy didn't pull that ball off the line, and his goal would have taken us to the UCL Final. But as I have said, Jack isn't that player. Stop expecting him to be Pirlo.

For the PL, for these games, for the system to click he's the right man. We bought Erling for Goals, we have Phil for the future, we have Alvarez as our Muller. Stop looking for that in Jack. He's not that, and he'll never be that.

I like what he brings, and I'll root for him, because he's our lad. At least he's not Bony.
Jack Grealish - At least he's not Bony.

Do you work in advertising?

Perhaps next year your posts will stop with the silly insults , you do that all of the time rather than discuss the subject
I ain't discussing this subject with you when you're nowhere to be fucking seen when he's done well but pop on after a poor 45 minutes. I'd rather talk to my socks.

I ain't discussing this subject with you when you're nowhere to be fucking seen when he's done well but pop on after a poor 45 minutes. I'd rather talk to my socks.
Lol, you obviously cant read, i wasnt here at half time last night , he hasnt done much to warrant a load of praise imo but i said he did have a good half and needs to do that every game

Lol, you obviously cant read, i wasnt here at half time last night , he hasnt done much to warrant a load of praise imo but i said he did have a good half and needs to do that every game
And you obviously can't understand a general point. I wasn't talking about last night but the previous times he's played well. Your lack of self awareness is astounding. I mean, you of all posters trying to pretend you haven't been guilty of calling others nasty names. Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.