10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays well and scores and a goal and all people want to focus on is his yellow card.

But reading this thread normally people think he’s shit and shouldn’t be starting, so why is anyone bothered he’s missing the Villa game?

Grealish haters are so consumed by hate they can’t even be consistent about it.

Yeah they were the better side for me second half. Wasn’t just on Grealish but he certainly didn’t make a big difference. He was ok though and scored.
It gave Tottenham freedom to start attacking and they suddenly felt less under pressure. They brought the game to us and they weren't as concerned as they were the 1st half. Our defense has been so unreliable, its shocking, our attack is also toothless, it takes too much more effort for us to score.

1. Grealish has been playing with City 22 months (not counting world cup and summer breaks). He has been excellent for 7 months (mid-October to mid-April of last year). That's like 33% of the time he's been excellent. The rest he has been just ok, sometimes even underwhelming. Compare that to Alvarez or Haaland (to say a new player). Both have been excellent most of the time. And let's not even bring people like KDB, Bernardo, Rodri or Dias who all have been exceptional for the last 3 seasons. If Dias is having a poor start of the season (which he is), you know that is the exception, and we all know he will come back to his normal level because he has shown what his level is for a looong time. But with Grealish, we don't know: were those 7 months his real level or an exception? Doubting him and criticizing him is more logical that any of those guys.

Man City 4 - 0 Real Madrid on May 17, 2023. Does it count as mid-April in your calendar?

WHAT A LOT OF B**T!

BTW Dias was not anything "good" in the first half of last season. Bernado had tough time as well as KDB.

Warmed up with venom, came on and had an impact, scored, maybe he’d have scored again we will never know thanks to that **** with the whistle, but played to me like he’s a point to prove and he probably has to be fair but did well

he knew he changed probably injured Doku and kick the ball away, wtf and why?
was he sure he doesnt want to go back to Villa Park and face the boos?

Plays well and scores and a goal and all people want to focus on is his yellow card.
His yellow card was ridiculous and petulant.
He was playing well and causing Spurs problems.

Going on to the pitch, he knew he was one card away from a suspension and also aware that Doku had come off with a possible injury.
If he had got booked for something other than for kicking the ball away, I might agree with you but on this occasion there is reason for people to focus on the yellow card. Its immature and certainly not helping his team out.

But reading this thread normally people think he’s shit and shouldn’t be starting, so why is anyone bothered he’s missing the Villa game?

Grealish haters are so consumed by hate they can’t even be consistent about it.

The question should be why aren't you focusing on the yellow?

I don't agree he played well. I dont think he was bad but from the period he came on until the end of the game I don't think there's a single player that played well, we were completely under the cosh for the last half hour at home to a Spurs C team. The whole team was complete shit, grealish didn't standout enough to be worthy of exclusion from that statement.

However, Nobody else was one booking away from a suspension despite not committing a single yellow card worthy foul all season and didn't just replace his direct injured replacement before petulantly kicking the ball away and getting that very booking he would have been told to avoid less than 10 minutes after coming on.

He's now unavailable in what's going to be a very tough game off the back of 3 games without a win knowing that doku was probably going to be unavailable and being aware rodri was also going to be missing.

Your failure to question his utter stupidity here and bang on about "haters" says significantly more than anything.

Great goal and it's not his fault at all that it wasn't the winner, just like it wasn't his fault that his opener at Old Trafford last season wasn't the winner. He's been unlucky a few times like that.

And I've been one of his bigger critics on here. Not his fault, that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.