10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had better ball control since he came on and scored what was supposed to be the winner..

We had better ball control since he came on and scored what was supposed to be the winner..
I am not sure which match you were watching but the one I was watching, Tottenham had 37% possession in the first half. When Grealish came in, Tottenham had 54% possession. We lost possession 16 times in the first half. We lost possession 36 times in the second half with Grealish on. So the control you think you saw, is all in your head. Our attack even dropped by 55% in the second half.

It amazes me that we seem to have a lot of fans that seem to support individual players more than the team, I have to say I find that strange.

The Jack Grealish thread is the epitome of that.

One stat, Jack has started 2 PL games this season, let that sink in, and that stat is simply not acceptable.

Attachments

• 1ST HALF ATTACK.png
    1ST HALF ATTACK.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1ST HALF DEFENCE.png
    1ST HALF DEFENCE.png
    78 KB · Views: 10
  • 1ST HALF DISTRIBUTION.png
    1ST HALF DISTRIBUTION.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2ND HALF ATTACK.png
    2ND HALF ATTACK.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2ND HALF DEFENCE.png
    2ND HALF DEFENCE.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 10
Wow just wow, is there a what a load of bollocks button on here
I think you are misunderstanding. I am not saying he isn’t good enough. I’m saying his output isn’t good enough considering his position as a wide attacker. He has 1 goal in 27 games. I totally get he brings something other than that, but the bottom line is we need forwards to contribute to goals.

He doesn't have the physical capability to go on the outside of a full back, and without an overlapping left back taking a defender away from him, he has little option but to play a simple pass inside. I find it unfathomable that we have paid £100m for someone to do that.

Hence why I think it would make sense to at least try and switch him and Alvarez around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.