10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good point about those kind of defensive wide men. Although, with the possible exception of Park and that was more to fit Ronaldo in none of those teams were anywhere near our level.
Park Ji Sung always played the big games for the rags, not to dissimilar to Grealish offsetting the attacking tendencies of our star players, which is why I feel he'll start a lot of big games ahead of Doku + Bobb.

I think you're being unfair to those teams, Inter won a treble with Stankovic, the Rags did the 3 peat with Park, Camoranesi was playing during Juve's 1st dominant era and Malouda won the double with Ancelotti's Chelsea.

Your point still stands though, City are different level.

I still think Grealish plays in the big matches where Pep does not want to concede possession.Against low block he keeps the opposition guessing using Doku & now Bobb’s trickery to unlock them
I’m not buying Grealish is out of the picture as far as Pep is concerned
I don't think for one second he is out of the picture but at the same time it's a crucial time in his career with us.

I'd say Jack really needs to get back to his best if he wants to be in the Euro squad too.

Considering he plays on the left for England, Waistcoat might be planning to put Foden out there if Bellingham is a 10. He put Maddison out there for some games. Gordon must be knocking on the door and it'd be fair to say he's having a better season. Waistcoat likes Rashford for some reason.

So there's at least 4 players who Southgate could think can play in that position.

I'm sure Grealish will and should be highly motivated to get back to being a regular for us as soon as possible, but he also needs to if he wants to play in the Euros.

Considering Waistcoat doesn't always feature him, I think his place in the squad is at risk as it stands right now..

I'd say Jack really needs to get back to his best if he wants to be in the Euro squad too.

Considering he plays on the left for England, Waistcoat might be planning to put Foden out there if Bellingham is a 10. He put Maddison out there for some games. Gordon must be knocking on the door and it'd be fair to say he's having a better season. Waistcoat likes Rashford for some reason.

So there's at least 4 players who Southgate could think can play in that position.

I'm sure Grealish will and should be highly motivated to get back to being a regular for us as soon as possible, but he also needs to if he wants to play in the Euros.

Considering Waistcoat doesn't always feature him, I think his place in the squad is at risk as it stands right now..
I actually think he should be a cert starter for Waistcoat even if he’s not for City. 5/6 for England should pick itself. Rice, Bellingham and Foden in the middle with Saka and Kane. Grealish’s ability to keep possession should be really important to that England side. No doubt that square in charge will go with one of Henderson or Philips central with Foden shifted out to the left. Fist game he’s quiet out there he’ll be subbed and if we aren’t winning he’ll probably put Rashford on. Another wasted tournament for a squad brimming with talent beckons.

Nobody knows on here if Grealish is in Pep's future plans. I think it still depends on whether Jack impresses him enough. I don't think his form is as good as last season although tbf Doku has restricted his chances and it's up to Jack to keep his place when he gets a chance to and that most probably means a MOTM performance in order to keep his place, or to get more game time than he has been getting this season.

Cheers for this Ric. He’s had things on his mind, he’s been under the weather as well recently. He will get back to his best, we know it.
Yeah, Guardiola’s comments seem open to interpretation. Some haven seen it as scathing criticism, others see it as words of encouragement. Will be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yeah, Guardiola’s comments seem open to interpretation. Some haven seen it as scathing criticism, others see it as words of encouragement. Will be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow or Tuesday.

I think it is simply Pep doing what he does best. You don't win 4 league titles in a row unless you have the fight and determination and desire to do it. Naturally after a treble you'd expect players to maybe put their feet up or lose a percent or two.

Jack has had injuries illness and off field concerns and this is just a way to give him a little nudge in the right direction at a time when we need everyone firing on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.