10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Sunshine I've been watching City since 1954 , I've seen them all over the years great players, good, average and crap players. I call it as I see it . I have no agenda other than balance some of the the hysteria that some on here display.
I bet you’re a right boring **** to sit next to though.

Yeah, Guardiola’s comments seem open to interpretation. Some haven seen it as scathing criticism, others see it as words of encouragement. Will be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow or Tuesday.
Of all our players’ interviews after the Treble, Jack’s displayed the most red flags in terms of not having the desire to go again. He even said himself something like “what is there to achieve after this?” or something along those lines. I don’t think he’s serious enough about the game to survive here much longer. Would love him to prove me wrong but that’s just how I see it.

Fortunately for me you never will mate.
I fully understand your sentiments. My positive disposition often acts as kryptonite to people who habitually give off negative energy to those around them, and fully enjoy doing so. They find it suffocating.

No-one likes their style being cramped.

not looking good for Grealish as he is far from his personal best currently, and also he did not have many rivals in the past. now he has multiple or same ones as before plus Doku. and even Alvarez who is regarded very highly by Pep and even find space for him in the line up despite the return of Haaland, KDB.

Grealish could have easily expected 20-25 starts in a PL season with few more sub apps. not anymore.

the business end of the season is coming up, February will be busy and then March will be brutally hard in terms of fixtures/opponents.
if we mess up this period we aint winning much.

wonder if Grealish can step up and deliver and earn a starting place now.

if not I can see Pep looking to cash in on him. I also have the feeling of his hunger maybe not there as much anymore which is a sin for someone like Pep.
we wanted to bring in a winger after Mahrez left, Doku came in and probably did much better than expected in very first season albeit I would rate his first 3 months much better and last 3 months. he also needs to chip with few more goals/assists just like Grealish but still very different style between them too.

as the CL games come up we will see what Pep thinks of his best 11. Grealish was part of that last year with starting all games vs Bayern, Real and the final too.

Bar a bad giveaway in the middle that I'm sure many would be jumping down Doku's throat for; I thought it was a good cameo.

Nice cameo today I thought. Called Coleman out for the **** he is then had him on a leash for the rest of the game after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.