10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he came on yesterday I felt relaxed, his ball retention is excellent, Doku has scored 4 goals against West Ham, Huddersfield , Bournemouth and Leipzig and given the ball away endless times causing dangerous counters.
Jack every time for me
I don't know if it's Jack every time but you are absolutely right. When he came on he was excellent, kept the ball really well and gave us the composure we were lacking on that side when Jezzer was there.

I thought it was just me! I totally agree! I felt an inner peace I haven't felt since I was a child and for that useless doku scoring goals. Everyone knows you lose games when you score goals and win when you hug the ball! Why is this so hard for people to understand? He needs to be sold off asap!!!
Great isn’t it! He came on with the game won and down to walking pace. Actually gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times too. Not slagging Grealish off either because he’s obviously superb at retaining possession but it’s mad how blinkered some can be.

I find the slating of Doku very tedious but I am a very big fan of Jack. For me both offer a lot to the team. Doku is more about potential, which is understandable given the difference in their ages.

Jack was great yesterday, he and Bernie helped shut the game down completely and helped City cruise through a long added time period.

Great isn’t it! He came on with the game won and down to walking pace. Actually gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times too. Not slagging Grealish off either because he’s obviously superb at retaining possession but it’s mad how blinkered some can be.
Not sure if you are being serious right now. Looking back at the game it's clear to see the introduction of Jack made us win that game

He came on because Pep went full Basil Fawlty when Doku dribbled the ball out of play in about the 80th minute.

We all know Pep hates making subs when the game is still “open”, so as soon as the second went in, off Doku went.

Tbh until KDB came on I don’t think it looked like there was space anywhere. His introduction along with Akanji and Nunes departure from the middle changed the game. Doku did ok not saying he didn’t but Grealish is the better player for me. Until Doku can improve his final ball.
Better player as in not losing the ball you mean. Which i agree with but not better at creating chances. Doku creates way more, but does lose the ball more. Its the risk youbl take. Trouble was yesterday no one was moving in midfield for Doku until Nunes went off and KDB came on and Foden moved into the middle aswell. But hey ho its all about opinions.

Better player as in not losing the ball you mean. Which i agree with but not better at creating chances. Doku creates way more, but does lose the ball more. Its the risk youbl take. Trouble was yesterday no one was moving in midfield for Doku until Nunes went off and KDB came on and Foden moved into the middle aswell. But hey ho its all about opinions.
Doku is more direct and showy. How many chances did he actually create yesterday though? Can think of the Haaland header in the first half that was too high for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.