10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doku is more direct and showy. How many chances did he actually create yesterday though? Can think of the Haaland header in the first half that was too high for him.
As I said, if no-one is moving apart from Haaland. It's very difficult to find people in a penalty area packed with Everton players. That's not really Dokus faul is it? I love his directness and ability to dribble and take on opposition. He offers something different to Jack. Both have something to offer imo.

He came on because Pep went full Basil Fawlty when Doku dribbled the ball out of play in about the 80th minute.

We all know Pep hates making subs when the game is still “open”, so as soon as the second went in, off Doku went.
Thought it was an obvious sub with a few minutes left to give Jack a few minutes. There is no doubt Pep is encouraging Doku to go and commit players and knows he’ll lose the ball. It’s horses for courses. Pep can clearly see Doku has a unique talent for beating people one on one and it’s a bit of a myth probably based on the last couple of seasons that Pep won’t embrace dribblers.

Clearly Doku has improve parts of his game once he’s done that. At 21 he has plenty of time to improve and i’m sure Pep will be working very hard with him on that in training.

As I said, if no-one is moving apart from Haaland. It's very difficult to find people in a penalty area packed with Everton players. That's not really Dokus faul is it? I love his directness and ability to dribble and take on opposition. He offers something different to Jack. Both have something to offer imo.
Doku is young and learning. His final action at the moment is sporadic at best. If it improves, we have a monster on our hands.

It frustrates me that we can ping 70 yard diagonals to feet with pin point accuracy, whereas when we cross, we seem to close our eyes and hit and hope.

Doku is more direct and showy. How many chances did he actually create yesterday though? Can think of the Haaland header in the first half that was too high for him.
Was one occasion in the first half where we managed to get Doku in a clear one on one in the box with a defender.That should be where he excels but he didn’t try to shift the ball and had his shot easily blocked. That’s something Jack has always struggled with since being here. Say compared to Mahrez who was superb at shifting the ball to make half a yard and get his shot off.

Both Doku and Grealish can improve their form as the season goes on. When they do it’ll be a great boost for the team as we look to defend our treble. Our rivals must be seriously starting to worry as we’ve still not hit top form but we’ll gradually get there over the next few weeks.

Was one occasion in the first half where we managed to get Doku in a clear one on one in the box with a defender.That should be where he excels but he didn’t try to shift the ball and had his shot easily blocked. That’s something Jack has always struggled with since being here. Say compared to Mahrez who was superb at shifting the ball to make half a yard and get his shot off.

Both Doku and Grealish can improve their form as the season goes on. When they do it’ll be a great boost for the team as we look to defend our treble. Our rivals must be seriously starting to worry as we’ve still not hit top form but we’ll gradually get there over the next few weeks.
Absolutely and both will be important players, but both have that killer instinct missing at the moment. If either become more decisive, we’ll go up to an even higher level.

The Mahrez aspect is what I was trying to suggest really.

Doku is far more dangerous when he gets to the byline and pulls the ball back to the penalty spot on the floor. He did it once yesterday needs to try it more.

Potentially, yes, but he’s done it a few times when we have nobody close by.
Obviously when he gets to the byline he's got to get his head up and pick the pass. It's, in my opinion, the most dangerous ball, not just for Doku but for any wide player. He'll learn.

Grealish is the most elegant player on the planet, his entire demeanour is one of supremely relaxed confidence and knowing what his doing. Even when he doesn't start he is just always in his zone and makes plays. He might not be a stats merchant but the game is so different with him on the pitch. To have Doku, Grealish, Foden, Bernie, Bobb, and De Bruyne for two-three positions is just crazy level of quality and competition. I would love to see Doku on the right and Grealish on the left but then its impossible to choose only one of Foden, Kevin and Bernie for one spot.

Grealish is the most elegant player on the planet, his entire demeanour is one of supremely relaxed confidence and knowing what his doing. Even when he doesn't start he is just always in his zone and makes plays. He might not be a stats merchant but the game is so different with him on the pitch. To have Doku, Grealish, Foden, Bernie, Bobb, and De Bruyne for two-three positions is just crazy level of quality and competition. I would love to see Doku on the right and Grealish on the left but then its impossible to choose only one of Foden, Kevin and Bernie for one spot.
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.