10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in 107 on Saturday.Good view.He came on.Got the ball.Passed it back.
Very droll.

He came on at 87 mins, the game was won. He was there to get a few minutes in his legs and keep the ball, nothing more.

Threaded a nice ball through to Foden in added time which if Foden had got a better touch on for a proper shot, could easily have been an assist.

I was also at the Etihad. He had a good cameo and I hope he can get some proper minutes in his legs this week as he needs match fitness before March’s schedule. Because I’d start him over Doku every day we are facing top table teams.

Very droll.

He came on at 87 mins, the game was won. He was there to get a few minutes in his legs and keep the ball, nothing more.

Threaded a nice ball through to Foden in added time which if Foden had got a better touch on for a proper shot, could easily have been an assist.

I was also at the Etihad. He had a good cameo and I hope he can get some proper minutes in his legs this week as he needs match fitness before March’s schedule. Because I’d start him over Doku every day we are facing top table teams.
This has merit and many would agree. His control against the best sides has been invaluable. The problem is, the “best sides” are what? Two or three teams in the Prem and a handful of teams in the CL. It’s not a lot of games.

We’ve paid £100m for a guy that many believe should only be wheeled out against the best opposition. It’s clear that at home against most sides Doku is the answer, Saturday was a prime example, we were playing against shite opposition, who had XI men behind the ball and Doku was our biggest threat (1st half). It’s hard to imagine that Grealish would have done as well/better. This is the same scenario most weeks, so Doku is generally going to be preferable.

IMO Grealish biggest problem is his inability to produce against the dross. Most wide forwards would see these games as their bread and butter and stat-pad for fun. Grealish simply doesn’t take advantage of the benefits afforded by playing wide forward for the best side in the world. He should be aiming for double figures for goals and assists every season and he can’t/wont get them if he can’t produce against shite opposition.

Grealish is the most elegant player on the planet, his entire demeanour is one of supremely relaxed confidence and knowing what his doing. Even when he doesn't start he is just always in his zone and makes plays. He might not be a stats merchant but the game is so different with him on the pitch. To have Doku, Grealish, Foden, Bernie, Bobb, and De Bruyne for two-three positions is just crazy level of quality and competition. I would love to see Doku on the right and Grealish on the left but then its impossible to choose only one of Foden, Kevin and Bernie for one spot.
You should apply for a job at the echo

This has merit and many would agree. His control against the best sides has been invaluable. The problem is, the “best sides” are what? Two or three teams in the Prem and a handful of teams in the CL. It’s not a lot of games.

We’ve paid £100m for a guy that many believe should only be wheeled out against the best opposition. It’s clear that at home against most sides Doku is the answer, Saturday was a prime example, we were playing against shite opposition, who had XI men behind the ball and Doku was our biggest threat (1st half). It’s hard to imagine that Grealish would have done as well/better. This is the same scenario most weeks, so Doku is generally going to be preferable.

IMO Grealish biggest problem is his inability to produce against the dross. Most wide forwards would see these games as their bread and butter and stat-pad for fun. Grealish simply doesn’t take advantage of the benefits afforded by playing wide forward for the best side in the world. He should be aiming for double figures for goals and assists every season and he can’t/wont get them if he can’t produce against shite opposition.
He literally scored us the winning goal against Luton when he was on a good run before his break-in.

He’s just a better all-round player than Doku, simple as. Clear though that quite a large number who post in this thread would be happy to see him sold on in the summer, and talk like the red top rags when they bang on about his price tag (sorry, release clause).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.