10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep would have made him mustard as the false 9.

I think you are dead right that he peaked early. His drop off wasn’t marked until around the time he was rumoured to want to come to us.

His agent played a blinder with that one, got a mega contract off them. Would have been interesting to see him under Pep. He had everything in his locker. I did hate him as a player but he's been weirdly glowing in his praise for us since he retired.

I think people wildly overplay how much Jack actually drinks due to his parade antics. I highly doubt he's doing a six pack of Stella in every night after training.
I do find it curious how many people think this. He’s often talked about how much he loves Chinese food but knows he can’t have it all the time - he can have it in moderation as part of a balanced training plan. I know he’s not the brightest bulb (still love him), but I assume if he follows the rules about Chinese food he’s following the rules about booze!

I do find it curious how many people think this. He’s often talked about how much he loves Chinese food but knows he can’t have it all the time - he can have it in moderation as part of a balanced training plan. I know he’s not the brightest bulb (still love him), but I assume if he follows the rules about Chinese food he’s following the rules about booze!

Yeah I just can't see in this day and age given the professional environment at City we've had our left winger turning up rough as a bears arse to training every other week. I get the impression Pep gives the players designated nights they can let their hair down and Jack takes full advantage. Maybe cutting that out would be an example of the sacrifices I was referring to he could make to become that truly elite world class player; but I think its unfair to portray him as some sort of Gazza like figure. If he was breaking club rules with his drinking I feel we would know about it and he wouldn't have been playing.

Yeah I just can't see in this day and age given the professional environment at City we've had our left winger turning up rough as a bears arse to training every other week. I get the impression Pep gives the players designated nights they can let their hair down and Jack takes full advantage. Maybe cutting that out would be an example of the sacrifices I was referring to he could make to become that truly elite world class player; but I think its unfair to portray him as some sort of Gazza like figure. If he was breaking club rules with his drinking I feel we would know about it and he wouldn't have been playing.
Having just read the Clichy article, Pep doesn’t allow any player 2kg over their optimal weight to train, so he can’t be on the piss and take aways every night.

Only just seen Pep’s quotes from yesterday. Pretty damning.

Most likely lost in translation, it's strange why would he played him at all in Copenhagen games if he have big issues with Jack.

Pep will completely dropped him even not including him on bench in order to teach him lesson to get back himself completely fit yet Jack still get played by Pep.

Pep words in pers conference often don't match on what he is doing on pitch.

Yet another game without him where we have no real shape and spend ages rushing moves and giving it away. Second most important player after Rodri.
Yep...

We needed this season to appreciate Jack and understand what he brings to the table..

i heard from an insider that Pep is not talking to Jack because of "behavior issues" / "drinking" and that Jack had a chance to redeem himself, but now the situation is more difficult for him after the injury, this could explain why Jack broke down in tears as he got injured.
A does not talk to B. emotional abuse does not only happen at home?

it makes the dressing room full of high school drama.

I don't believe that this kind of drama will happen at a club like City. more like a ten hag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.