10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Yes we won the league but jacks contribution was minimal. His time here has been a disappointment.
I wouldn't say it's been a disappointment, it's been average and when he's been called on, he has done his part but there's so muc more he can do IF we are at least brave enough to play him in the middle.

Bernie could be leaving and Kev is ageing now, so Phil has to take over Kev's role which leaves a space in the midfield, let's just try him there for a few preseason games and like 3 or 4 games at the start of the season, similar to what Pep did with that crazy Walker in the midfield experiment 2 seasons ago, surely this can't be crazier than that

Yesterday was a game where Jack should have been in from the start. Utd identified that both our wing backs would bomb forward and there was always space to get behind. The warning was there and we didn't change. The extra man centrally meant we were too narrow and vulnerable to counters and long ball attacks. Jack for all those who say he doesn't offer much going forward always makes teams play deeper and his defending is underrated.

I hope he stays & Pep has another master plan to fit both him and Doku in. I also hope Pep looks closely at the plan of Walker being the one who has so much possession - imo we have always looked our attacking best when Akanji, Lewis or Stones played right back. But then again who the hell am I to question the greatest manager of our lifetime.

Jack is one of those players that when he doesn’t play he gets better in some fans eyes. Let’s be brutally honest Jack would not have changed the game dramatically yesterday (like doku did for example). He doesn’t score and he doesn’t get assists. We already had Bernardo on the rw doing what Jack could offer

Every trophy we have won ,every league we have won over the last 10 years has been the fruit of possession football. We lose one final to a team playing like Wimbledon all of a sudden it’s over rated. Yes right.
It is also our Achilles heel though. Bang average teams can sit deep and wait for a turnover and fire it in behind our high line. Might we be better with less possession and Invite teams on ,turn the ball over , hit the space and use haaland

he cannot have another season like this one otherwise we need to cash in. we kind of carried him this season, he never hit form and playing got reduced big time towards the end too.

I assume he will have a hard time to win back his starting place next season especially if Savio hits the ground running and Doku continues to improve.

I wouldnt be against trying him out centrally, I mean KDb aint gonna start every game every 3 days will he?
We also have new CL format which 2 extra games in first half of the season.

Jack is one of those players that when he doesn’t play he gets better in some fans eyes. Let’s be brutally honest Jack would not have changed the game dramatically yesterday (like doku did for example). He doesn’t score and he doesn’t get assists. We already had Bernardo on the rw doing what Jack could offer
Yeah can’t say in the first half when we were shite i was sat thinking get Jack on. It was just get Doku and Akanj on. Would have maybe put him on on the last 10 minutes centrally for a defender when it was shit or bust time and we had so much of the ball around their box. Not something Pep has ever really done though so no surprise it didn’t happen yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.