10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Of course pep hasn’t killed his game. He plays for a team who usually play against a low block. He has never scored or assisted throughout his whole career so he is pretty much the same player but he just doesn’t enjoy the space he had at villa as teams didn’t sit so deep.

When we signed him I basically said he was a right footed mahrez without the goals and assists. I still feel that way. Mahrez was 10x the player Jack is yet he got way more hate on this board
Mahrez was night and day twice the player Grealish could ever be.

don't think he has the ability to see a pass for an assist to be in that Kdb role
He doesn't have vision like but still won't stop people making his case for a midfielder. Had pep seen a midfielder in him he would have played, these are just excuses. Just like in case of Jesus who was brought to replace aguero but since he couldn't hack it there people made him a gold standard winger who was sold at first opportunity that came

We talk about this control thing but in games against Fulham/West Ham and a few games after the Madrid game, we had total control and he didn’t play in any of them.
I agree but they are completely different opposition to a top 6/euro elite side.
They are the perfect fodder for Doku.
However, Doku has learned not to be as wasteful and uses the full back and midfield far more.

I have to say I wasn't sold on him at first but he's a massive threat against all opposition now.

Of course pep hasn’t killed his game. He plays for a team who usually play against a low block. He has never scored or assisted throughout his whole career so he is pretty much the same player but he just doesn’t enjoy the space he had at villa as teams didn’t sit so deep.

When we signed him I basically said he was a right footed mahrez without the goals and assists. I still feel that way. Mahrez was 10x the player Jack is yet he got way more hate on this board
His last two seasons at Villa, he got 17 goals and 18 assists in 58 games all comps. He was also statistically one of the best creative players in Europe.

He's been stuck out on the left, hugging the touchline - we haven't seen him with an overlapping full back or with the freedom to drift inside - both of which he had at Villa.

It's worked well enough for the team's needs, particularly last season, but now the team is evolving again.

Personally, I don't think that evolution has to be a bad thing for Jack. I think it could be an opportunity to finally get the best version of him.

I'd love to see him as an 8/10. I think he has all the attributes. I know Pep has refused to play him there, so maybe it's not likely. But if he is going to play out wide, he needs more freedom to drift centrally. And a genuine left back behind him.

Pep must of seen enough of him to think he will be no good in midfield or on the left or anywhere else but the right! I don't think he has the ability to see a pass for an assist to be in that Kdb role..
His time at Villa showed his ability to pick a pass. Maybe not KDB level (who is), but he's certainly a more natural midfielder than Alvarez.

His last two seasons at Villa, he got 17 goals and 18 assists in 58 games all comps. He was also statistically one of the best creative players in Europe.

He's been stuck out on the left, hugging the touchline - we haven't seen him with an overlapping full back or with the freedom to drift inside - both of which he had at Villa.

It's worked well enough for the team's needs, particularly last season, but now the team is evolving again.

Personally, I don't think that evolution has to be a bad thing for Jack. I think it could be an opportunity to finally get the best version of him.

I'd love to see him as an 8/10. I think he has all the attributes. I know Pep has refused to play him there, so maybe it's not likely. But if he is going to play out wide, he needs more freedom to drift centrally. And a genuine left back behind him.
Have you to the link for those stats because all I can find are his total contributions for villa. He played 213 games scored 32 goals and assisted 41 times. That is pretty consistent with his time here tbh

Have you to the link for those stats because all I can find are his total contributions for villa. He played 213 games scored 32 goals and assisted 41 times. That is pretty consistent with his time here tbh

19/20:
1000009954.jpg
20/21:
1000009955.jpg

Just got back from the parade. Grealish looked smashed out of his mind. Some would say rightly so. Others would say the theme continues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.