10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Well he was the best of the crap that played Bosnia the other night.
One game in a poor season, it's no surprise , he did not play for us for the run in for a reason, form, fitness, attitude, not sure but clearly Pep did not like something and Grealish has already stated he had several conversations with the boss.

Good luck to him, seems a decent, friendly and honest guy
But wasnt up to sorting his head out after the treble , pep dropped him after all and he was pulled out of the squad, for the fulham game i think it was , for not training wel!, Clearly not much of a fighter , he gets such a free pass that the others dont get

Bizarre decision if true not to take Jack although it could be a blessing in disguise for us. But we know Kane is an automatic starter and England play one up front so why take Watkins, Bowen and Toney, especially when we could play a false nine with Gordon, Palmer, Foden or Bellingham playing there. Mainoo and Wharton is equally bizarre, maybe one but not both, waste of a selection. Six centre backs, one left back who isn't fit and a midfield selection that is totally lopsided. Utter madness but not unexpected.
If we are being honest here, dropping Jack was the right call

If we are being honest here, dropping Jack was the right call

Nobody in that squad who will play his position offers what he can. It's the old English symptom of wanting pacey players who have good numbers in their clubs but when they get to international level we're fucked because there's no control of the pitch.

I understand that Jack hasn't had a great season but as a part of a squad, he's extremely useful.

Especially the England squad, with a cautious manager who'll no doubt park the bus if we have a narrow lead against one of the tournaments better teams.

He did more in his substitute appearance against Bosnia than any of the players that he's competing with for a place too.

Gutted for the lad but hopefully it'll spark him into life for next season.

It's waistcoat head's decision so what can we expect?
Still annoyed..... the one light at the end of the tunnel for me is that it means he won't get injured. :-)

What I would say, is if you remember the World Cup squad announcement everyone was calling for Maddison to be in and then he didn't play a single minute.

Grealish isn't in the starting 11 and is very unlikely to play even if he is in the squad. We've got Eze and Gordon in those positions who will barely play either because Foden has that LW spot.

And if it's 1-0 with 20 minutes to go and you're holding on, us sane people turn to Jack but Southgate throws on 3 CBs instead.

Gutted for him, but as I said he'd barely have played anyway. Go away, get fit get that mental fight to prove yourself and fuck getting in squads make yourself the first name on the team sheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.