10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

It seems like KdB is leaving.

It doesnt seem clear that we are getting Bruno Guimaraes.

I think there is a very good opportunity for both Jack and Nunes to take that attacking midfield role next to Foden.

Unfortunately for Jack, Doku is just insane as a LW. He is the starter, but Jack could play inside next to him.

Ironically enough, maybe we dont even need to sign midfielders (Jack and Nunes can do it) and we should bring Savio and another winger (Nico Williams).
Highly unlikely we would let KDB go this summer, but with his recent statement he is either looking for a new deal from us or he wants to take the cash on offer at Saudi.

And it's not like we are losing peak KDB, still a top player when fit and fresh but also a player than is very much looking his age.

And we DO need to strengthen midfield and strengthen with quality. Rodri is knackered and is asked to play far too much, Nunes who knows, Kovacic a good player but more a squad player, we need at least one and probably 2 CM players and top ones at that.

It was a numbers game and simply too much young talent to play a player who has had a poor season and is now FAR more famous for his off field antics than on field performances.

As I said about a month ago, he is in danger of becoming a meme of a “what could have been” player, rather than a “look at his game!”

Time for Jack to make a decision about himself. Stay, fight, improve or seek an easier life at an easier team and not win half (any?) the medals he has already in the future.

Have never felt he was a City player or a Pep player. Neither one thing nor the other. Holds the ball like a center mid, but plays left wing where he has very little positive impact.

Hope this is the kick up the backside he needed!

He's too busy getting drunk and acting a fool.
He nearly fell off the bus 2 weeks ago!
He's going to be remembered more for his off field stuff.
I'm sorry he needs a rocket
Jack has trouble with buses' last thing he needs is a rocket to fall off !!!!!

It seems like KdB is leaving.

It doesnt seem clear that we are getting Bruno Guimaraes.

I think there is a very good opportunity for both Jack and Nunes to take that attacking midfield role next to Foden.

Unfortunately for Jack, Doku is just insane as a LW. He is the starter, but Jack could play inside next to him.

Ironically enough, maybe we dont even need to sign midfielders (Jack and Nunes can do it) and we should bring Savio and another winger (Nico Williams).
Jack or Nunes are not attacking midfielders. They are ball carriers. Attacking midfielders are goal threats. They assist. They score.

If Kevin leaves, we should buy someone to replace those goals or assists. We didn't replace goals from our wingers and Gundo, now you want us to risk not replacing more goals from our attacking midfield? How do you think we will make up for those goals?

It's just unfortunate Wirtz and Musiala seem unlikely this season. Kvara, would be great as LW and CAM for us unfortunately Napoli is just a nightmare to deal with.

Nico would be a great addition to the squad. The boy is sensational. In addition to him, so would a CAM that scores and assists. Jack and Nunes are not that.

Last edited:
Dropping Henderson, Phillips was unthinkable this time last year, he's done it and brought in some exciting young players.

Big calls on Grealish and Madderson , again not something he would have done in the past.

Time will tell and for sure he HAS to deliver in Germany and should be with the talent available.

It's muck or bust for Southgate but for once he seems to be going for it.
Agree it was unthinkable for Southgate at one stage. In the case of Phillips though he’s been that bad it was impossible for him to be picked. If he’d played no minutes for us again i wouldn’t have been surprised if he still picked him for the squad.

Leaving Grealish out just shows to me he’s going with 2 holding midfielders. That for me is a shocking waste of England’s most talented player. Maddison would have been a pointless pick as he doesn’t like those type of players to start with. Cole Palmer had to be his potential game changer and Maddison had very little chance of getting on the pitch. In fairness his form has been pretty poor too since his injury.

Grealish could have offered control and balance that nobody else will give from the left. How on earth he’s not seen he needs to get Foden in the middle with Bellingham after this season is mind bending to me and just shows yet again he won’t be going for it.

I was surprised he was left out of the squad. I thought he did well on Monday and had done enough to warrant a place in the squad.

But Grealish needs to look at himself.
The last two parades tell me he has an 'uneasy relationship' with alcohol.
Not saying he drinks just during the season but when he starts he goes off the rails.
The bus incident, recently, wasn't a good look for him.
I know they were celebrating but Pep and his team will have clocked it!

I also think he has 'things' going on. Maybe doubting his ability?????
He alluded to that when we won the league and was full of praise for the club and Pep for the support he received. BUT to then see him giving it large and nearly falling off the bus may just have created more doubts.

Dropping Henderson, Phillips was unthinkable this time last year, he's done it and brought in some exciting young players.

Big calls on Grealish and Maddison , again not something he would have done in the past.

Time will tell and for sure he HAS to deliver in Germany and should be with the talent available.

It's muck or bust for Southgate but for once he seems to be going for it.

You can make arguments for and against what he's done. Grealish wasn't getting more than 5 minutes here or there, and Southgate's looked for offensive options that can come on and win games and there are players in there who have delivered goals and assists all season so have to go ahead of him. I don't really get why he was called up though, if that was Southgate's thought process from the outset. Maybe it's just as a result of slabhead's injury and him feeling like he needs an extra defender in case one absolutely bottles it or because Stones is made of glass.

He's always been asked to pick on form, he generally has.

But don't be under any illusion that this is him going for it, he'll still make like for like changes I'm sure!

Either way, a lot of good young players get a taste and there will be hope and light for life under (hopefully) a new manager if Southgate does fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.