10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

When Pep was in Spain, their national team were brilliant and played a similar way to Pep's team.

Germany were also great while Pep was there and played fairly similarly to Bayern.

City are brilliant, but Southgate thinks leaving out players who keep possession, sticking a shit fullback who just hoofs longballs in as a centre midfielder and filling the squad with fast and direct wingers, plus physical forwards is the way to go.

England won't win anything while we keep picking players who play such different styles at their clubs. We've also not got loads of players with experience of winning major trophies. Jack should have been there.

Whatever the case with Grealish and his struggles either professionally or personally, I’m unwilling to stick the boot in.

He’s added a lot to our club over the last three years, from charity work, supporter connections, being an integral starting player in our most successful year in history and a well-liked player in the dressing room.

He didn’t set his price tag, he will know he’s out of form, he will know he’s got a decision to make. Time to support him. He will be hurting more than anyone he’s not in that squad.

Can’t believe anyone on here is sticking up for Southgate. It’s not just the fact he’s left Jack out the squad but it’s the manner in which he’s done it.

So much so that even the other players are far from happy, which tells you everything you need to know about Southgate’s “man management.”

Hopefully Southgate loses the dressing room even quicker, bombs out at the group stage and gets shipped off to the Rags. He is a disgrace of a man.

Don’t worry though, we’ve got “in form” Ivan Toney, the super fit Luke Shaw, the healthy Anthony Gordon and the scintillating UCL form of Jude “ghost” Bellingham. Yes Southgate, of course you picked the players in form. And some idiots believe it.

When Pep was in Spain, their national team were brilliant and played a similar way to Pep's team.

Germany were also great while Pep was there and played fairly similarly to Bayern.

City are brilliant, but Southgate thinks leaving out players who keep possession, sticking a shit fullback who just hoofs longballs in as a centre midfielder and filling the squad with fast and direct wingers, plus physical forwards is the way to go.

England won't win anything while we keep picking players who play such different styles at their clubs. We've also not got loads of players with experience of winning major trophies. Jack should have been there.
Although I totally agree with everything you've said; the only key difference is at Barcelona and Bayern, the majority of the side were playing for their domestic national teams.

Spain, all they had to do was pick Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta; they could have picked 8 lads from the Sunday league, and still been the best side in Europe.

Germany, Neuer, Muller, Lahm, Boateng, Gotze, Schweinsteiger, Kroos; and they just filled the rest of the team with players from Dortmund.

At best, England can call upon Walker, Stones, Foden and Grealish. Foden aside, I don't think any of the others are going to dictate how you play your game, if that makes sense? Imagine if Rodri, Bernardo and Ederson were English, now you're talking about being able to control a game in the way that City do.

Lets face it, England under Southgate are just going to play the typical England way. As someone else said, there are too many players that go back to their clubs, and play a completely different way to the way the rest of the players play at their clubs.

Can’t believe anyone on here is sticking up for Southgate. It’s not just the fact he’s left Jack out the squad but it’s the manner in which he’s done it.

So much so that even the other players are far from happy, which tells you everything you need to know about Southgate’s “man management.”

Hopefully Southgate loses the dressing room even quicker, bombs out at the group stage and gets shipped off to the Rags. He is a disgrace of a man.

Don’t worry though, we’ve got “in form” Ivan Toney, the super fit Luke Shaw, the healthy Anthony Gordon and the scintillating UCL form of Jude “ghost” Bellingham. Yes Southgate, of course you picked the players in form. And some idiots believe it.

Well he did pick a load of Palace players because they're in form... And Eze and Wharton are excellent, I really like them.

But they've never even played in Europe, and have only looked good in one England game against mediocre opposition. You can add Mainoo to that too, as I'm pretty sure united's Champions League challenge (!!!) was over before he started playing regularly.

There's so little experience and yet he's cast aside a player who won the treble last year and won the league this year. It's ridiculous.

Lost his mind drinking and partying.
Lost his form injured.
Lost first choice at City.
Lost his place for England.

Could he have handled things better ?

Wouldn't surprise me greatly if he didn't play for England again.

Could go the same way as Sterling the past few years, that could be him done. They've too many other younger options in that position.

Its up to Jack now what he wants to do.
He can go and have a good long rest and then put in a good pre-season, or he can go and drink all summer and have a disrupted season again next year with injuries and being left out for disciplinary reasons.

Undoubtedly, Jack is one of England's most talented players. I think he should be there, but I understand the decision because of the broken season he has had. I thought the last friendly would have shown Gareth that nobody else in the team can do what he does; his mind was clearly already made up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.