10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good 3 months he had in 3 seasons seems to be getting stretched out for some bizarre reason.
He's been an underwhelming signing for the most part. If anything he regressed here which is unusual. As for replacing Kevin, not a fucking chance. I'd say his time here is coming to an end unless he's happy to play a bit part. I think the home leg against real was the end for him. A veteran full back on an early yellow and he never went for the kill.
Bizarre!
Every player had a good season that year pretty much, we won the treble losing only a handful of matches. He was producing man of the match and class performances for about 3 months of that season but that doesn’t mean he was toss for the remainder of it.

Wow poor Jack. He keeps a low profile isn’t out clubbing every night, has his house broken into whilst his family are watching him on TV, quite naturally is shook up about it and still he gets slated. But not just by the stupid know nowt media but by his own club’s fans! The people who you think would have a bit of empathy
He plays in Blue for Manchester City and he gets my support.
If he’d been a wife beater or carried on with his brother’s wife behind his own wife’s back I could understand it but for goodness sake he’d lost a bit of form and not been playing as much. Give the lad a break. JMHO
TBH Eccles I'm not going to praise Jack for not night clubbing, I didn't like how he got blathered days before an FA cup final when he was out of favour, in my mind he should've been showing Pep a lot more professionalism that week. It said a lot to me that City badly needed a goal and our manager didn't put him on for whatever reason.

I empathise with his home break in BUT thousands of people get broken into and just have to get on with it. Let's face it he doesn't have to live in a council estate where it could happen again next week, he can afford whatever security he deems necessary and he lives in the lap of luxury..
I'm really only interested in what he does on the pitch for us, and besides the 3 or so months of the treble season it hasn't been that much.
I don't blame Jack for that (unless of course he's not hitting the mark in training) I just don't think he brings enough to the table in our team. he frustrates the crap out of me if I'm honest, I long for a left winger that plays a first time ball into the opponents defence, not take 10 touches and then eventually does a safe pass to Rodri. It's like you always know what he gonna do and he slows the game down to walking pace. Yeah, I get the keeping possession and looking for a foul but I'd much rather have a Sane or Doku on the left wing. Could Jack ever have scored that goal Doku salvaged against the scum ? I don't think so.
Jack divides opinion amongst City fans, it seems you either love him or think he's just not good enough, or not showing enough.
Personally I think Oscar Bobb could offer us more given the chance. Palmer for sure could have....I think the fee plus a million a month in wages has been a bad investment for City.
And before anyone calls me a know nothing **** I reserve the right to my opinions not just on Jack but on all our players, and Pep. I respect yours and others opinions and I expect that level of respect for mine.

@Bill Walker I totally respect your opinion and I agree with some of it.
What would the world be if everyone had the same opinion? As boring as watching Trafford United play!! :-)
I didn’t know that he got drunk before the FA Cup final and don’t understand that but that’s just me.
Like you I’m more interested in his performances on the pitch and I’m hoping against hope that he gets his mojo back for next season. :-)

he is really good on the ball but for me with the talent he has, isnt producing enough.
I remember when guardiola brought him and doku on (dont remember which game).
doku looked electric while grealish was happy playing the ball sideways. pretty sure jack didnt start a single game after that cameo.
lets hope he regains his form.

@Bill Walker I totally respect your opinion and I agree with some of it.
What would the world be if everyone had the same opinion? As boring as watching Trafford United play!! :-)
I didn’t know that he got drunk before the FA Cup final and don’t understand that but that’s just me.
Like you I’m more interested in his performances on the pitch and I’m hoping against hope that he gets his mojo back for next season. :-)
Majority of the team were wankered a week before the final, including Kevin, Erling, Jack, Carson, to name a few.

Fair enough Phil, good post.

There are a few crackpots(not just this thread) wanting to stick the boot in at a players downfall, you only have to read some of the utter shite written on the in game threads, that's why I offer them fannywipes; )

Joking apart, I like Jack but had he a poor season for several reasons and I have critical of him because we all know he's such a skillful player who(when on form) can be world class. But he has too many mediocre performances when his confidence is (or seems) low passing sideways or backwards rather than trying burst past a defender.

I have a Villa mate in my local who said he never had a bad game for Villa and he reckons it's because he was given a free roll, something he hasn't been given at City. I want to see Grealish in his best form for us because he's a joy to watch when in his best form. However, he can be frustrating to watch pondering on the ball because he exudes skill and has so much more to offer. It's as though he's shackled to the left byline for us, LW isn't his best position, I think he needs to cut in more and run at goal.

I think people saying he has a drink problem stems from when he crashed his Range Rover whilst at Villa. I don't know if he has a drink problem but the paperazzi love nothing more than taking snaps of him in a drunken stupor and Jack only has himself to blame for being shit faced in public places.

I think he needs to get his head down and stay out of the limelight because most people want to read about him doing great things on the pitch, not reading about off field his antics that get tongues wagging. Jack is a likeable bubbly character but he's a professional footballer who needs to keep his nose clean and become a 'boring' family man like De Bruyne or David Silva who never get/got pestered by the paperazzi.

Jack Grealish reminds me of George Best and Rodney Marsh, both brilliant footballers but both would have been much better had they not succumbed to the birds and booze. I hope Jack can turn things around I really do but I'm unsure whether he can ever get his Villa form back. Here's hoping...
Villa form.He just has to get the treble season form back.
Silva was seemingly one of the biggest boozers in the squad.
Just shows you staying in the background gets you off a lot of things.

Villa form.He just has to get the treble season form back.
Silva was seemingly one of the biggest boozers in the squad.
Just shows you staying in the background gets you off a lot of things.
His Villa for was the reason we signed him and we haven't seen him on that form too often.

I've never read anything about Silva being a boozer, if he was he kept his boozy business private.

His Villa for was the reason we signed him and we haven't seen him on that form too often.

I've never read anything about Silva being a boozer, if he was he kept his boozy business private.
Micah Richards has told a couple of stories about David Silva and his love of a beer or two.

Grealish has the image of a being a boozer, without much to back it up, barring him not knowing his limits when celebrating trophy wins.

Has there been any stories in the press other than the post Xmas one with Foden a couple of Xmases ago?

We’ll never see his Villa form here as he was allowed free licence to roam wherever he felt was the weakest point to exploit. That will never happen here under Pep as he has a rigid structure of where players have to be.

On top of that, Jack isn’t the brightest button in the box and he’s doing his best to carry out Pep’s plan, but you can see it is hard work for him.

This then dents his confidence and he has a need to be liked and valued, so then goes into this tailspin that he finds hard to get out of.

Factor in his burglary and injury problems and he’s had a very frustrating and miserable season. Hopefully he gets his mojo back next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.