10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like him, but he plays within himself. He’s quite happy to be out there on that wing and just take the balls put down his channel when they come and try to stand someone up and knock a cross in.

With KDB out and Foden off the pitch, I’d expect him to be demanding the ball much more, trying to take the game by the scruff off the neck, running things like we know he can because he did it for Villa.

Then foden came on and played exactly how you’d want Grealish to.

It wasn’t a bad game, but i think Pep will be expecting much more from him until KdB comes back.
I can't shake the feeling that Pep (or whoever follows him) will be forced to play Grealish more centrally at some point, and he'll instantly become a real option there.

Everything about his game seems suited to that left sided 8/10 role. I'm aware that he's always played off the left, and maybe he's a little old to learn a new position. But I'm not sure it's a huge shift from what he already does.

I don't think you're going to see him at his creative best unless you change his role in the side. But nobody else can do the job Pep wants him to do in the squad right now.

Last edited:
Apart from the assist for Haaland's goal, did very little. Like several players needs to improve, but I fully expect that to happen.

I can't shake the feeling that Pep (or whoever follows him) will be forced to play Grealish more centrally at some point, and he'll instantly become a real option there.

Everything about his game seems suited to that left sided 8/10 role. I'm aware that he's always played off the left, and maybe he's a little old to learn a new position. But I'm not sure it's a huge shift from what he already does

I don't think you're going to see him at his creative best unless you change his role in the side. But nobody else can do the job Pep wants him to do in the squad right now.
Same feeling here.

The penalty in the 1st half was created by Alvarez. Have anyone notice that pass from Grealish to Alvarez? It is in the left half space.

The chances created in the 2nd half, Grealish was mostly in the left half space.

I agree that he was quieter in the 1st half, but he was almost always near the left touchline.

If we have a real left full back to hold the width, Grealish can easily operate in the left half space as a left winger without the need to covert him into an 8 - like what Foden + Walker combo in Newcastle game.

Apart from the assist for Haaland's goal, did very little. Like several players needs to improve, but I fully expect that to happen.

Jack had a very good game. 6 key passes is a lot.

Had two men on him all the time.

It's tiresome how consistently underappreciated Jack is, but not by Pep.

Would like someone to tell me what he brings to the team? He only seems to hinder the way we play and doesn't offer anything other than being fouled. I'm happy to hear other people's opinion

The first half was a little meh, but the 2nd half was prime grealish from last season.

Him finally goinf left to cross needs to be done more often, every expects him to cut in.

Would like someone to tell me what he brings to the team? He only seems to hinder the way we play and doesn't offer anything other than being fouled. I'm happy to hear other people's opinion
Set up a goal today. Held on to the ball when city were all over the shop after Sheffield scored. Defended great.

I would say he is doing quite a bit. Maybe not hitting his best form yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.