10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple fact of the matter is he didn't warrant a place in the squad after last season and those two you mentioned despite getting virtually no minutes themselves deserved the call up ahead of him after both having very impressive seasons.

If I was a Newcastle fan, I'd be gutted Gordon got picked and gave up a months rest for 4 minutes of football and will now miss pretty much all of pre-season, likewise for Bowen if i was a hammer.

Grealish got substantial genuine rest and a kick up the arse he needed. He's had everything he needs over the summer to up his game and prove himself from day 1 of the season now and along with the others who reported back today, has a major advantage over the rest of the squad.
but that was kind of the point of the post, I never said Jack deserved a spot but Southgate created a massive hoo-ha about him being dropped and for what?

4 minutes of game time for his replacement.

An utterly pointless decision and let's be honest he then complained about ball retention and that is at least one of Jack superior talents.

From a City POV I'm happy that he will come back with something to prove and a fire in his belly.

Big season for Jack

First season he was settling in. Second season he was excellent and really turned it on towards the back half of the season and seemed to be one of the first names on Pep's team sheet. Last season he never got going, picking up injuries and seemingly not really recovering from them before picking up another among other things.

Let's get behind him. I reckon he'll be highly motivated this season.

Jack will be our player of the season next. Southgate did us a huge favour dropping him.

Great attitude from him this summer
"Great attitude from him this summer"

Time will tell on that, the simple fact he has to perform week in week out, contribute goals and assists the time for excuses has long gone.

If been left out of the England squad does not motivate him, nothing will.

Really looking forward to seeing him play.
I think there is a more central opportunity coming with the arrival of Savio and the quality of Doku and Oscar out on the wings. Should Alvarez go, I would like to see this:
lineup.png
This is the false nine alternative to Erling up front, and Oscar and Rico and McAtee could augment this.

Really looking forward to seeing him play.
I think there is a more central opportunity coming with the arrival of Savio and the quality of Doku and Oscar out on the wings. Should Alvarez go, I would like to see this:

Think you may be missing someone there mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.