10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? So you’d rather a world without maps, science, cars, central heating etc etc

Humans have been gathering & analysing data since the year dot mate, without it, we’d still be living in caves
would we fuck, we would of grown shells on our backs have you never heard of evolution

That's the thing. He does a lot of the dirty work in our team. People get frustrated with him for not being more "direct," but he does what Pep wants him to do. I thought he stepped up big time in the second half and was one of our better players. Jack is so talented that even looking at these stats, we know he is capable of being literally unplayable (last season), so he is just getting started. He created that goal out of nothing, though. Job well done.
Now he's at times "unplayable". Good grief.
He didn't turn up in the biggest game he'll likely ever play , 12 months previous he arguably cost us a place in the champions League final by being unable to put the several one on ones he had with the madrid keeper away. Had he I doubt the dramatic collapse ever happens. He's a good player but nowhere near a great one, at least not yet.

Id take Grealish everyday over Sterling, he's a far better technical player, but to pretend he hasn't been average over the last 3 months would be fallacy.
3 months at the end of last season was the most successful and productive period any City player has ever had, including several personal MOTM performances from him. 3 months from today means you're judging how he performed on his holidays and two games where he already has an assist.

Now he's at times "unplayable". Good grief.
He didn't turn up in the biggest game he'll likely ever play , 12 months previous he arguably cost us a place in the champions League final by being unable to put the several one on ones he had with the madrid keeper away. Had he I doubt the dramatic collapse ever happens. He's a good player but nowhere near a great one, at least not yet.
Cost us a place in the UCL final! I’ve heard it all now on this thread. He was the only player who nearly made it happen that night right at the end and if you bother to watch it back you’ll see that their keeper had an absolute worldie.

Cost us a place in the UCL final! I’ve heard it all now on this thread. He was the only player who nearly made it happen that night right at the end and if you bother to watch it back you’ll see that their keeper had an absolute worldie
The keeper should not have been allowed to get anywhere near them.

Very very sterile that left side with Jack, Kova and Gvardiol. We played Championship side and hardly created anything from the left.

I just hope Jack will be moved to Gundo position and we get proper winger. It would be great combination. Something similar to Foden+Bernardo on the right.

Very very sterile that left side with Jack, Kova and Gvardiol. We played Championship side and hardly created anything from the left.

I just hope Jack will be moved to Gundo position and we get proper winger. It would be great combination. Something similar to Foden+Bernardo on the right.
Is this your first season, have you never seen how difficult it is against promoted teams away with 2 banks of 5 before?

Someone somewhere is manufacturing glasses that certain people wear when watching City so that they don't actually see Jack moving about and doing great stuff on the pitch, they just see him standing like a statue on the touchline.

That's the only (and kindest) explanation I can think of for the boneheaded contingent of our fanbase that seem to watch entirely different matches than me (and everyone I know IRL) and seem to completely miss all the many times in a match Grealish gets the ball into the box to create chances for the team etc. It's really quite bizarrely.

He really needs to learn how to play a through ball. Five times a game he will draw two defenders and then when he cuts inside the reverse ball is on to get someone in behind the space he has created and he never even attempts it.

Yesterday when we had the late counter with him and Haaland, all he needed to do was play it down the line and Halaand would have been through 1v1 against the defender but instead he slowed down and fell over and bought a freekick. Kevin in that situation would have played it on first time and we have a decent chance to kill the game.

Just to check i wasn't imagining this, i looked on the premier league website for through balls played per-player this season and he has zero. For comparison, Gvardiol and Kovacic have 2 each, Alvarez has 3 and Foden 5. For me this small addition would elevate his game so much and give him the better final product stats that he always says he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.