10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really needs to learn how to play a through ball. Five times a game he will draw two defenders and then when he cuts inside the reverse ball is on to get someone in behind the space he has created and he never even attempts it.

Yesterday when we had the late counter with him and Haaland, all he needed to do was play it down the line and Halaand would have been through 1v1 against the defender but instead he slowed down and fell over and bought a freekick. Kevin in that situation would have played it on first time and we have a decent chance to kill the game.

Just to check i wasn't imagining this, i looked on the premier league website for through balls played per-player this season and he has zero. For comparison, Gvardiol and Kovacic have 2 each, Alvarez has 3 and Foden 5. For me this small addition would elevate his game so much and give him the better final product stats that he always says he wants.
You really should send this little essay to Pep. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Still not upto last seasons level,but he won the penalty and put one on a plate for Haaland agaisnt Sheff.Utd. , can't wait to see him when he gets into his groove , he has the beating of most full backs , he just need to do it more often.

Someone somewhere is manufacturing glasses that certain people wear when watching City so that they don't actually see Jack moving about and doing great stuff on the pitch, they just see him standing like a statue on the touchline.

That's the only (and kindest) explanation I can think of for the boneheaded contingent of our fanbase that seem to watch entirely different matches than me (and everyone I know IRL) and seem to completely miss all the many times in a match Grealish gets the ball into the box to create chances for the team etc. It's really quite bizarrely.
You could say the very same about the posters who think he's Messi,Cruyff,maradona and Pele all rolled into one.

The frustration is that he can do all the good stuff he does AND get more than one goal or assist every six or seven games. It doesn’t need to be an either/or situation.

Always in the back of my mind with Grealish is ‘imagine how much City fans would hate Sterling if he put up these numbers’. And they would. There’d be no talk about what else he brings to the team, we’d simply want him sold.
Then they would be fucking imbeciles but if the cap fits…
Yesterday Grealish played a major part in another away win. He started quite passively with us getting more joy on the opposite side but grew into the game and was very good second half.
Those still not seeing what he brings never will at this point and it’s a shame because all they will do for eternity is look at his perceived flaws because they haven’t got the bollocks to admit they were wrong about him.
Nobody retains the ball as well as Jack in tight. Awkward positions in the final third where losing possession puts us at most risk of a counter. This is why he’s so important, he holds it until the support cast are in place and most often finds an inside pass to one of those who have joined the play and are often in better positions to either shoot or recycle the ball.
He must have laid it on the plate for others 3 times yesterday not including his inch perfect assist.
I think it’s time to let those who are constantly going to be negative just crack on at this point so the whole forum can see they know fuck all.

3 months at the end of last season was the most successful and productive period any City player has ever had, including several personal MOTM performances from him. 3 months from today means you're judging how he performed on his holidays and two games where he already has an assist.
Which games did he get MOTM performances?

3 months at the end of last season was the most successful and productive period any City player has ever had,
What do you mean by this, statement doesn't make sense.

Are you saying successful because we won the treble?? If so then that's obvious, im not referring to the teams overall success im saying Grealish has had average performances, which he has come out and mentioned himself.

To be specific since the semi-final againts Sheffield Utd in April (which he was poor in but got assists) his individual performances have been average.

His best performances came after the World cup until as mentioned late April after that he had a huge drop off.

He really needs to learn how to play a through ball. Five times a game he will draw two defenders and then when he cuts inside the reverse ball is on to get someone in behind the space he has created and he never even attempts it.

Yesterday when we had the late counter with him and Haaland, all he needed to do was play it down the line and Halaand would have been through 1v1 against the defender but instead he slowed down and fell over and bought a freekick. Kevin in that situation would have played it on first time and we have a decent chance to kill the game.

Just to check i wasn't imagining this, i looked on the premier league website for through balls played per-player this season and he has zero. For comparison, Gvardiol and Kovacic have 2 each, Alvarez has 3 and Foden 5. For me this small addition would elevate his game so much and give him the better final product stats that he always says he wants.
This is why he doesn't play #8 lacks vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.