10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been an interesting read this morning, thought forums were about opinions either way, but it's almost like Grealish can't be picked up on anything negative without the poster be abused.
What do people want ?,
If we all choose not to post because they get lumped on then it's not reflected as a true assessment of his performance.
Come on lads let's respect each others opinions.
Bye the way my thoughts are he is too static when he receives the ball which gives the opportunity for the other team to reset (badly yesterday for the goal), from a standing start he looks for the contact and goes to ground.
We play much better when the pace is high and the opposition are back peddling but Grealish slows it down.

A dink to the far post and a through ball whilst running at speed simulataneously holding off a defender is not the same thing pal, which is why Kdb and Foden are on a deifferent level, know the difference.
You were talking about vision. Jack has plenty. I’m not going into knowing the difference with someone who doesn’t realise something as simple as this.
I’m pretty sure if you went back and watched highlights of his Villa days when he was playing more of a free roll there would be plenty of instances of him playing balls between the lines to his forwards.
He’s not a traditional winger. This is what many can’t grasp and so criticise him for a job they think he should be performing instead of focusing on the job he actually does.
He did a couple of things yesterday that were underwhelming or didn’t pan out but he also did a fair bit which was excellent and helped us to the 3 points. That’s the only thing we should concern ourselves wit was his 90 mins a positive or negative overall? The answer yesterday was pretty obvious to all but the handful of posters who have decided on the hill they’re dying on regardless of how often it ends up with egg on their face.

Been an interesting read this morning, thought forums were about opinions either way, but it's almost like Grealish can't be picked up on anything negative without the poster be abused.
What do people want ?,
If we all choose not to post because they get lumped on then it's not reflected as a true assessment of his performance.
Bye the way my thoughts are he is too static when he receives the ball which gives the opportunity for the other team to reset (badly yesterday for the goal), from a standing start he looks for the contact and goes to ground.
We play much better when the pace is high and the opposition are back peddling but Grealish slows it down.
We can all have different opinions, we can all want different things from players. We also all need to realise only one opinion really counts and if he's being picked week in week out he must be doing what the man with that one opinion is asking of him. So give your opinions on what you like but don't suggest he isn't doing whats asked of him when he obviously must be.

What do people want ?,
It’s hard to respect opinions when they are so far from the reality it’s hard to tell if serious.
He holds it because he’s waiting for the support play to get into position, he’s never going to just skip past a player and drill it in. We don’t do that these days. You might not enjoy it a much but it’s effective and if a treble isn’t conformation enough then nothing will ever satisfy you.

A dink to the far post and a through ball whilst running at speed simulataneously holding off a defender is not the same thing pal, which is why Kdb and Foden are on a deifferent level, know the difference.
True - it is a different skill - but there are things that Jack does that KdB and Foden can't do.

I know a lot of people think that without the goals and assists he's failing, but Pep wants us to control matches, and Jack is perfect for that. There aren't many players who can receive the ball, draw in a press of two/three players and still be almost certain to come away in possession. That kind of play prevents goals, as it allows the team to regroup. It gives us the basis for attacks, as it allows the team to move up the pitch, and start applying the overloads that Pep wants, and it gives the space for others who take more risks. With Haaland playing most games, it's even more important as he's never likely to hold on to the ball for more than a couple of touches.

We score goals because of the control we have in games, and Jack is the key to that. Any manager can get gifted players and tell them to take risks and try to force goals, and it will be reasonably successful - but Pep has dominated in a league where there are half a dozen of the richest clubs in world football, and he's done that by creating a team that always has a plan.

True - it is a different skill - but there are things that Jack does that KdB and Foden can't do.

I know a lot of people think that without the goals and assists he's failing, but Pep wants us to control matches, and Jack is perfect for that. There aren't many players who can receive the ball, draw in a press of two/three players and still be almost certain to come away in possession. That kind of play prevents goals, as it allows the team to regroup. It gives us the basis for attacks, as it allows the team to move up the pitch, and start applying the overloads that Pep wants, and it gives the space for others who take more risks. With Haaland playing most games, it's even more important as he's never likely to hold on to the ball for more than a couple of touches.

We score goals because of the control we have in games, and Jack is the key to that. Any manager can get gifted players and tell them to take risks and try to force goals, and it will be reasonably successful - but Pep has dominated in a league where there are half a dozen of the richest clubs in world football, and he's done that by creating a team that always has a plan.
Your middle paragraph is bang on and I’ve touched on it so often that it’s hard to believe that anyone watching us over the last 18 months or so and are still digging him out haven’t twigged

You were talking about vision. Jack has plenty. I’m not going into knowing the difference with someone who doesn’t realise something as simple as this.
I’m pretty sure if you went back and watched highlights of his Villa days when he was playing more of a free roll there would be plenty of instances of him playing balls between the lines to his forwards.
He’s not a traditional winger. This is what many can’t grasp and so criticise him for a job they think he should be performing instead of focusing on the job he actually does.
He did a couple of things yesterday that were underwhelming or didn’t pan out but he also did a fair bit which was excellent and helped us to the 3 points. That’s the only thing we should concern ourselves wit was his 90 mins a positive or negative overall? The answer yesterday was pretty obvious to all but the handful of posters who have decided on the hill they’re dying on regardless of how often it ends up with egg on their face.
Firstly I didnt say he doesn't have vision, every top player has vision.

A poster made a very good point that at the end of the game Haaland made a very good run in behind, he would have been through in on goal if Grealish had seen him and released the ball, the poster mentioned that Kdb would have seen the run a made the pass which I agree with.

All this talk about how good he was at Aston Villa 'playing through the lines' etc, etc is waffle,

He can do BETTER! he should offer more.

Firstly I didnt say he doesn't have vision, every top player has vision.

A poster made a very good point that at the end of the game Haaland made a very good run in behind, he would have been through in on goal if Grealish had seen him and released the ball, the poster mentioned that Kdb would have seen the run a made the pass which I agree with.

All this talk about how good he was at Aston Villa 'playing through the lines' etc, etc is waffle,

He can do BETTER! he should offer more.
I’ve seen Kev attempt many a through ball that hasn’t reached its destination and has ended up with us defending a counter so let’s not make out every pass is a gilt edged opportunity.
my point about Villa was directly answering wherever he could play an 8 or not.
Everything else is just word soup from a poster who will maybe catch up one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.