10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 goals 11 assists in 84 games. Again if this was sterling, Sancho, the dogs abuse would follow. Tidy player but still doesn't have anywhere near enough output.

I haven't been in this thread for about a year and surprise surprise the posters rushing to his defence and wanking him off at every opportunity are still here ready to pounce on anything slightly negative. How sad.

9 goals 11 assists in 84 games. Again if this was sterling, Sancho, the dogs abuse would follow. Tidy player but still doesn't have anywhere near enough output.

I haven't been in this thread for about a year and surprise surprise the posters rushing to his defence and wanking him off at every opportunity are still here ready to pounce on anything slightly negative. How sad.
You think he’s played well overall or are his stats forever going to be your comfort blanket for getting it wrong over and over again?

True - it is a different skill - but there are things that Jack does that KdB and Foden can't do.

I know a lot of people think that without the goals and assists he's failing, but Pep wants us to control matches, and Jack is perfect for that. There aren't many players who can receive the ball, draw in a press of two/three players and still be almost certain to come away in possession. That kind of play prevents goals, as it allows the team to regroup. It gives us the basis for attacks, as it allows the team to move up the pitch, and start applying the overloads that Pep wants, and it gives the space for others who take more risks. With Haaland playing most games, it's even more important as he's never likely to hold on to the ball for more than a couple of touches.

We score goals because of the control we have in games, and Jack is the key to that. Any manager can get gifted players and tell them to take risks and try to force goals, and it will be reasonably successful - but Pep has dominated in a league where there are half a dozen of the richest clubs in world football, and he's done that by creating a team that always has a plan.
Think you missed my point. Jack has a different skill set to Kdb which is why he doesnt play in the middle.

I know exactly what he brings to the team and im saying he needs to do more, lets be real when Sterling was scoring 20+ goals in a season he was still getting flak, way more than Jack, im not gonna repeat the things i heard directed at him in the stands.

You think he’s played well overall or are his stats forever going to be your comfort blanket for getting it wrong over and over again?
Right on cue phil.

I imagine you to be a city version on Ty from AFTV. have a good day.

1693220840203.png

Think you missed my point. Jack has a different skill set to Kdb which is why he doesnt play in the middle.

I know exactly what he brings to the team and im saying he needs to do more, lets be real when Sterling was scoring 20+ goals in a season he was still getting flak, way more than Jack, im not gonna repeat the things i heard directed at him in the stands.
Every time you compare him to Sterling you are making yourself look silly.
Totally different players in a different set up being asked to do different roles.
If you can’t be arsed to look at context and the evolution of our team since sterling’s hey days then there’s really no point carrying on.

Ironically Sterling was probably getting flak because his job was to do almost the opposite. He was the risk taker, who was expected to force games, and so was the one who would lose the ball, or have the chances in front of goal.

When Phil plays on the wing, do you want him to do more of what Jack does? Take less risks, assert control of the game? Or does "more" only work one way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.