10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish will never be given the Kdb role in this city team, he wouldn't even be given the chance to attempt the through balls kdb does, you can bookmark that.

This is coming from a poster who rates Grealish as a good player. By over protecting him you create an atmosphere of 'them' and 'us' and the fanbase becomes split. Truth be told Grealish hasn't had any competition for the RW spot until now.
He had a season to bed in in which we won the league followed by a season as a mainstay in which we won the treble.
I’ve no issue with him getting competition as it benefits everyone being kept on their toes but whoever is vying for that wing position won’t be playing the same role as Jack because nobody else can do it as well.
I don’t think he will play Kevs role either any day soon that’s not to say I don’t believe he couldn’t if required.
Bearing in mind it’s not fair to compare anyone with Kev due to what he’s capable of.
I’ve said from day one I’ve no issue with constructive criticism but there’s a handful who are incapable of that and that’s what causes an ‘us’ and ‘them’ situation.
Take a read back at some of the comments. Repeating the same shit over and over because you’ve never took to him doesn’t make an opinion valid when the facts fly in the face of what’s being posted. That’s in general btw, not aimed at you.

He had a season to bed in in which we won the league followed by a season as a mainstay in which we won the treble.
I’ve no issue with him getting competition as it benefits everyone being kept on their toes but whoever is vying for that wing position won’t be playing the same role as Jack because nobody else can do it as well.
I don’t think he will play Kevs role either any day soon that’s not to say I don’t believe he couldn’t if required.
Bearing in mind it’s not fair to compare anyone with Kev due to what he’s capable of.
I’ve said from day one I’ve no issue with constructive criticism but there’s a handful who are incapable of that and that’s what causes an ‘us’ and ‘them’ situation.
Take a read back at some of the comments. Repeating the same shit over and over because you’ve never took to him doesn’t make an opinion valid when the facts fly in the face of what’s being posted. That’s in general btw, not aimed at you.
I'll be honest, any posts claiming he's 'shite' '100million wasted' 'he should be sold' I dont condone, but I haven't seen that on here and I've been following Grealish for two seasons, I've even started feeling sorry for Kalvin Phillips and I hope if he stays he can turn things around for himself. Jack is well liked as a player and person, but personally my opinion is that, his first half performance yesterday shouldn't happen and I've seen it on too many occasions, I'll leave it at that.

Grealish is most like Bernardo in our team. One gets vilified for not enough goal actions, whereas the other is praised to the hilt with fewer goal actions.

Premier league last season.

Grealish 5 goals, 7 assists.
Bernardo 4 goals, 5 assists.

Now I only mention this as the people demanding more from Grealish point at stats, whereas the ones defending Grealish point to his role in the team and what he brings in other aspects of our play.

Bernardo is exactly the same and isn’t a stats monster, but vital in how we build up and create.

Grealish and bernardo on the wings with no KDB or Foden is not for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is for pep, and we win games by 1 goal due to our incredible defence. Could have an incredible attack as well but no.

Grealish is most like Bernardo in our team. One gets vilified for not enough goal actions, whereas the other is praised to the hilt with fewer goal actions.

Now I only mention this as the people demanding more from Grealish point at stats, whereas the ones defending Grealish point to his role in the team and what he brings in other aspects of our play.

Bernardo is exactly the same and isn’t a stats monster, but vital in how we build up and create.

Exactly. They aren't identical players but they have key similarities in terms of how they contribute to the team and yet how they are viewed differs in ways that are illogical.

My view on this is that some people cannot look beyond image and see reality.

Grealish and bernardo on the wings with no KDB or Foden is not for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is for pep, and we win games by 1 goal due to our incredible defence. Could have an incredible attack as well but no.

We had 30 shots yesterday (well above anyone's average) and over 60% were from inside SU's box. That's a lot of attacking action. 10 of those goal attempts were set-up by Jack and Bernie.

Foden didn't play because he had been ill.

We should have won by 4/5 yesterday so not sure we can place much blame on the wingers because we didn’t.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828-115600.png
    Screenshot_20230828-115600.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 8
  • aguerooverlay2.jpg
    aguerooverlay2.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 8
  • 230517152736-02-champions-league-man-city-real-madrid-semifinals-spt-intl.jpg
    230517152736-02-champions-league-man-city-real-madrid-semifinals-spt-intl.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2499.jpg
    2499.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
Not sure adding thumbnails of Grealish scoring goals adds much to the debate.

The Aguero one is a bit weird. Is it there because Bernardo was close to him when he scored?

Not sure adding thumbnails of Grealish scoring goals adds much to the debate.

The Aguero one is a bit weird. Is it there because Bernardo was close to him when he scored?
You mean thumbnails of Bernardo*

If you've forgotten, ill remind you. Bernardo put in one of the best midfield performances I've ever seen againts Liverpool 18/19 and that was his outrageous assist to Kun.

He scores Big goals in Big games.
Your comparing Grealish and Bernardo asking 'why does Grealish get stick for his stats when Bernardo's is similiar'

Firstly Bernardo is rightfully a fan favourite for all the big performances he's had in his City career and there's been a ton of them.

Bernardo plays as a CM, AM, DM,LW, RW. You're actually making Grealish look bad by comparing his stats to Bernie, Bernie plays 10-12 games a season on the wing Jack plays every game on the wing, of course he'll have better stats then Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.