10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I probably am a fuckwit, but I'm not limiting that purely to a difference of opinion.

The problem is, this thread isn't about just the particular performance is it? There's been an underlying narrative since Jack arrived, that he hasn't really delivered. The bit I find funny aside from the fact that the guy was imperative in our historic treble; its that the minute we sign a quick, tricky winger, the comparisons are drawn to what Jack can't do.

This just further highlights the simplistic nature of a lot of people, in wanting a shiny fast tricky winger, and not someone who just passes the ball back to the full back.

The sheer irony being, that in the long-term, the way Jack plays will always eclipse the way that Doku (or a similar winger) plays within this system.

Obviously just my opinion of course.
It's a public forum and you will always get posts of differing views, some way out there in cuckoo land. I can though respect that whilst I may laugh and not agree with some, it is their opinion.

I personally think that the recent criticism of Jack has been warranted (and I make no comparison to Doku), purely because we know, and have seen what he is capable of, but this season (so far) he hasn't produced.

That doesn't make ma a hater, just a fan wanting to see better from him.

He probably will but wouldn't be my choice. Would love to know what the convo between him and Pep was last night
Love Doku, breathe of fresh air in this team. But for this match I'd use him off the bench against tired legs, it works in any scenario. On the break if we're ahead or to change things up if we need a goal.

Jack to start though, to get control of the match. We have the ability to dominate Arsenal, and without Rodri I want as much control as possible.

Yes I probably am a fuckwit, but I'm not limiting that purely to a difference of opinion.

The problem is, this thread isn't about just the particular performance is it? There's been an underlying narrative since Jack arrived, that he hasn't really delivered. The bit I find funny aside from the fact that the guy was imperative in our historic treble; its that the minute we sign a quick, tricky winger, the comparisons are drawn to what Jack can't do.

This just further highlights the simplistic nature of a lot of people, in wanting a shiny fast tricky winger, and not someone who just passes the ball back to the full back.

The sheer irony being, that in the long-term, the way Jack plays will always eclipse the way that Doku (or a similar winger) plays within this system.

Obviously just my opinion of course.

The more intellect will know that both are beneficial to the team and Grealish was one of our key players in our treble win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.