10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the problem today was in midfield?
Yes that was part of the problem, but there was also no one showing for ball and to help us keep it. We had no control in any part of the game, and therefore didn't even have a spell in the game where we looked like scoring.

Grealish helps us recycle the ball, and would have partly helped with Rodri being missing.

Yes that was part of the problem, but there was also no one showing for ball and to help us keep it. We had no control in any part of the game, and therefore didn't even have a spell in the game where we looked like scoring.

Grealish helps us recycle the ball, and would have partly helped with Rodri being missing.
You've pretty much agreed with me yet told me I've called it completely wrong.

We were fine along the back and down the sides, the problems in our game came from the middle. We typically go across the defense, down the channel, inside and then things tend to open up and we either go back, switch out or find the open midfielder, that's our preferred pattern. Today, our play almost always stopped at going across the defense and down the line, we had no options in the middle to turn arsenal.

Unless you're playing grealish in central midfield, he wouldn't have made a difference to that.

Well, he can't be blamed for today.

As always whenever he's not there, we miss his ability to calm things down and set the tempo for everybody else.

Especially in big games where we need someone to put their foot on the ball and get us playing.

Part of me thinks he's still not fully fit.

I'd always like Jack in the team when we play these - he played in all the big games last year and Jack has a knack of getting under players skins and that's when they take their eye off other players - it's all about space and tempo - draw them towards Jacky boy and recycle quickly to the other flank - it worked so well for us last year. Pep will find a better balance to our lineup and will do that by the most important time of the year.

We dominated possession for most of the game. Keeping the ball wasn't the problem, doing something with it was. Not really sure Grealish is a game changer in that regard.
Yeah we did have most of the ball, bit once it got to the final third, how many times can you recall us having them pinned in their box whilst we play it around the edge?

I'm not saying he was the missing piece of the puzzle, but we missed his ability to keep the ball in the final third, Foden and Alvarez turn the ball over far too much and results in loss of control.

Yeah we did have most of the ball, bit once it got to the final third, how many times can you recall us having them pinned in their box whilst we play it around the edge?

I'm not saying he was the missing piece of the puzzle, but we missed his ability to keep the ball in the final third, Foden and Alvarez turn the ball over far too much and results in loss of control.

Possibly but then the problem is that if we did end up creating a chance then you'd want one of them on the end of it and not Jack.

Pretty much goes to show that no one player was the problem or the solution tonight. Just pathetic all round really.

Well, he can't be blamed for today.

As always whenever he's not there, we miss his ability to calm things down and set the tempo for everybody else.

Especially in big games where we need someone to put their foot on the ball and get us playing.

Part of me thinks he's still not fully fit.
He winds up the opposition crowd when he comes on and then gets fouled and then reacts - hardly a calming inluence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.