10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He put a cracking cross in for Haaland with his left foot this season never done it since! With Haaland in the box he should always try to get it the byline and cross the ball with to the far post! Surely he can do that or work on it week in week out! He should also forget this that the cross might go to the opposition player! He seems scared to death of giving the ball away!
Nah it is not the same.

Phil tried multiple times crossing from the left. Nothing came from it. Bernado even once roamed to the left and crossed. Nothing. And they are both left footed. Even if Grealish tried his best he would not do a better quality one than a natural left footer. Leipzig backline is just very good at defending the cross from the left.

I really don't get why people here are so eager to see Jack to make a cross. But I have never heard people asking Bernado to do the same from the right! But actually Halaand is a much much better finisher if receiving a cross coming from right. That is actually what Halaand really needs.

My question is ....why didn't Jack roam to the right and try to cross from the right? If Bernado has the license to roam to the left to do a cross with his preferred foot. Surely Pep can let Jack do the same thing. I don't see any harm to try once or twice in a game. Last season Gundo cannot switch position with Jack but now Phil surely can.

Is that what he did today, "dragged defenders all over the place"?

I gotta admit I enjoy this forums creativity at coming up with new and exciting ways to excuse away any and all grealish criticism by any measurable metric like goals, assists, attempted take ons, etc, you know all those boring stuff, that we've resorted to "his mere existence tires defenders".

Can't wait for the new hot football expected defenders dragging metric!

Seriously. If you actually rate grealish don't you think it's a bit insulting that you continually lower the bar to justify it? If the only thing people could say about my footballing abilities is that I drag defenders away I'd start to wonder what I'm actually doing here.

Is that what he did today, "dragged defenders all over the place"?

I gotta admit I enjoy this forums creativity at coming up with new and exciting ways to excuse away any and all grealish criticism by any measurable metric like goals, assists, attempted take ons, etc, you know all those boring stuff, that we've resorted to "his mere existence tires defenders".

Can't wait for the new hot football expected defenders dragging metric!

Seriously. If you actually rate grealish don't you think it's a bit insulting that you continually lower the bar to justify it? If the only thing people could say about my footballing abilities is that I drag defenders away I'd start to wonder what I'm actually doing here.
Football is so simple yet too complicated for you. Make of that what you will.

Missed his influence and control.
No we didn't.

Not saying he couldn't have made an impact but we wasn't poor today because of our wide players, we were poor because we had no control in midfield and couldn't work our forward and wide players into the game. He influences none of that.

No we didn't.

Not saying he couldn't have made an impact but we wasn't poor today because of our wide players, we were poor because we had no control in midfield and couldn't work our forward and wide players into the game. He influences none of that.
Talk about calling it completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.