10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Nobody can say he deserves a spot, just not been good enough. As I said in the match thread to those claiming his second half gets him on the plane along with Maddison, a 30 minute cameo isn't relevant, Southgate had long since made his decision and was never changing it, it was just about who was fit.

From our point of view this is great, if anything is going to ignite him it's being dropped from the euros and crucially he's now going to get a full pre-season whilst his teammates will be late back. I expect every one of our players not at the euros to hit the ground running next season, they're often the players pep relies on for the first few months, mahrez was always the main man for us in the early months in seasons gone by as the only senior attacker to get a full pre-season under his belt and there's no excuses for grealish not to hit the ground running and make it hard for Doku and whoever else to force him out.

I seriously doubt that Southgate will be " going for it ", as he has hardly ever displayed a positive approach throughout his time as England manager.

I fully expect another boring fuck-up of a tournament from the inept manager.

He sucks the enjoyment out of games.
Southgate has no history of 'going for it' unless the team are playing the likes of Andorra, San Marino, Malta or Gibraltar, and then it's more often than not of making heavy weather for an hour. He will hope the team scabs some kind of springboard out of the group and then prays he has relatively easy draws thereafter. We haven't the players, the structure nor the management in place to 'go for it'!

Maybe it's time given the robbery at his house etc that he has a quiet summer with family and starts reaching the potential he still has or he continues to live life to the full with a pot of money , security most can only dream of. Either way this is Gareths last shot at a trophy not necessarily Jack's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.