11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Doku could have had three assists tonight if not for having to play with simultaneously the worst and most unlucky striker in European football.
If you mean Lukaku... 86 goals in 114 matches for his country. That would have been 89 and topscorer in this tournament without these silly rules.
You can start to search for European player with a higher goal scoring rate, before calling him the worst striker.

Not even mentioning how he weighs on defences, as a target man, as an assist-player.

If you mean Lukaku... 86 goals in 114 matches for his country. That would have been 89 and topscorer in this tournament without these silly rules.
You can start to search for European player with a higher goal scoring rate, before calling him the worst striker.

Not even mentioning how he weighs on defences, as a target man, as an assist-player.
The fact you’ve only ever posted regarding Belguim players leads me to think you might be a tad biased…
He’s a big lump. Will still score goals and tbf there was a time I thought he was excellent but those days are behind him and he’s living on reputation at this point.

The fact you’ve only ever posted regarding Belguim players leads me to think you might be a tad biased…
He’s a big lump. Will still score goals and tbf there was a time I thought he was excellent but those days are behind him and he’s living on reputation at this point.
Biased, maybe I am. I follow City since Kompany came in, I like to see good Belgian players in a good city team. Though, I also like a good city team without Belgians. Let's admit it, every English City fan likes Foden and Walker to shine for the club, nothing wrong with that.
Lukaku's stats for country are what they are.. you cannot deny that. 86/114 (Kane 64/93, I think we both agree he's not a bad striker). To call Romelu the "worst" striker is more than 1 bridge too far.

Biased, maybe I am. I follow City since Kompany came in, I like to see good Belgian players in a good city team. Though, I also like a good city team without Belgians. Let's admit it, every English City fan likes Foden and Walker to shine for the club, nothing wrong with that.
Lukaku's stats for country are what they are.. you cannot deny that. 86/114 (Kane 64/93, I think we both agree he's not a bad striker). To call Romelu the "worst" striker is more than 1 bridge too far.
Yeah there’s plenty worse, mate.
I was only pulling your leg on the Belgium thing.

He has cost club and country hugely in the last couple of years.

He's broken, yes he still scores goals but as an elite striker he is long gone, if he ever was in the first place.

He's not an elite striker but you don't walk around finding players that have the same stats as he does, both for the clubs he has played for (47 in 75 for Inter), as well as his country (85), not every player has those type of stats and its fine to acknowledge it. I just find it weird how you can justify calling Lukaku a lump on this thread, and then cross over to the Grealish thread to confidently make posts calling Grealish wordlclass. Make it make sense

He's not an elite striker but you don't walk around finding players that have the same stats as he does both for the clubs he has played for (47 in 75 for Inter), as well as his country (85). I just find it weird how you can justify calling Lukaku a lump on this thread and then cross over to the Grealish thread and confidently make posts calling Grealish wordlclass. Make it make sense

He has always scored goals, we are blinded by his stint at the rags.

Eh SebastianBlue's remark was a bit "hyperbole", lukaku being "the worst striker ever" i'm sure is not meant to be taken serious. Lukaku has a certain level and track record that makes it reasonable to put him there, if his age starts to show too much and/or his contributions really fall off i guess we move on, but its not because Reddit had fun in making Lukaku a meme for the first week that it changes the metrics of rational review so much.

If i interpret SebastianBlue's remark correct, he just recognises that as a talent Doku just deserves a team with world class strikers, a category which Lukaku might just be below. Fair enough, as a Belgian i hope for the best regarding Doku's development and i love it that he gets his chances and opportunities at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.