11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

The fact you’ve only ever posted regarding Belguim players leads me to think you might be a tad biased…
He’s a big lump. Will still score goals and tbf there was a time I thought he was excellent but those days are behind him and he’s living on reputation at this point.
14 goals in Qualifiers to break the record forost goals in Qualifiers in Europe:s history. I don't like him and he won't fit City. But he is a striker alright. Of that there are no doubts

Am I the only one who wishes he thought Doku had any clue what he was going to do with the ball when he gets it?

I feel like as he matures, his head might catch up to his impressively fast feet, and he will become considerably more productive. Until then, however, I think he will continue to frustrate us with his flashes of brilliance but lack of return.

Some days, he’s unplayable, which bodes well for his maturation.

Am I the only one who wishes he thought Doku had any clue what he was going to do with the ball when he gets it?

I feel like as he matures, his head might catch up to his impressively fast feet, and he will become considerably more productive. Until then, however, I think he will continue to frustrate us with his flashes of brilliance but lack of return.

Some days, he’s unplayable, which bodes well for his maturation.
In the 2 games he’s made about 6 really good chances and gave one away by trying to play out in a dangerous area. His end product had improved hugely by the end of the season. No doubt he can improve more but then we could have one of the best wingers in the world.

He will always have games where he loses the ball and as will anyone who dribbles and can skin people like him. Like the Spurs manager said his dribbling should be encouraged because he can worry an entire defence.

In the 2 games he’s made about 6 really good chances and gave one away by trying to play out in a dangerous area. His end product had improved hugely by the end of the season. No doubt he can improve more but then we could have one of the best wingers in the world.

He will always have games where he loses the ball and as will anyone who dribbles and can skin people like him. Like the Spurs manager said his dribbling should be encouraged because he can worry an entire defence.
I feel like Doku's problem is his eagerness to prove that he belongs in the team, he's desperate to show Pep that he deserves to be here.

Looking at the highlights at his previous clubs, you can see a certain level of confidence in his play, he showed signs of being a calm and collected player.

Since we signed him, he has shown some signs of confidence here but I feel like he's still pinching himself to confirm if he's really playing under Pep, as soon as he get passed that phase, the maturity would set in.

Last edited:
As long as Jeremy doesn’t do a Gazza off the pitch by drinking and carrying on with his missus he should be fine, hardwork and dedication gets you where you want to be as a footballer
The problem is he doesn't work hard enough. Not drinking is really the minimum, but you need more, and he doesn't want it enough. When KDB made that low cross to him, he should have made a leap and slide to get to the ball instead of just saying f*ck it, I can't reach it. He is nowhere to be found when someone breaks from the other side, always just too far behind, hes pretty much never an option to pass in space or cross to. For all of his ability on the ball, hes an absolutely awful off ball player, and its mostly because he doesn't actively seek to learn that dimension of the game and instead settles for being a classic winger or even wide midfielder.

I think coming to City and having that early success, and then winning the title, has made him too cocky and not willing to work on his deficiencies. More and more I get the feeling he thinks hes a finished product, who only maybe misses some chances and passes by being unlucky. He can be BDO level if he goes to the next level of being a free roaming forward and hungry to get in a position to receive assists.

On the other hand, he toyed at times the guy who destroyed Vinicius a short while ago:

For people who say he's nowhere near Vini. Doku's talent is absolutely off the charts, but I am seeing red flags recently that he's not willing to maximize said talent.

The problem is he doesn't work hard enough. Not drinking is really the minimum, but you need more, and he doesn't want it enough. When KDB made that low cross to him, he should have made a leap and slide to get to the ball instead of just saying f*ck it, I can't reach it. He is nowhere to be found when someone breaks from the other side, always just too far behind, hes pretty much never an option to pass in space or cross to. For all of his ability on the ball, hes an absolutely awful off ball player, and its mostly because he doesn't actively seek to learn that dimension of the game and instead settles for being a classic winger or even wide midfielder.

I think coming to City and having that early success, and then winning the title, has made him too cocky and not willing to work on his deficiencies. More and more I get the feeling he thinks hes a finished product, who only maybe misses some chances and passes by being unlucky. He can be BDO level if he goes to the next level of being a free roaming forward and hungry to get in a position to receive assists.

Pep is the one manager in the world that wont allow him to be lazy or cocky though?

Pep is the one manager in the world that wont allow him to be lazy or cocky though?
Hope so, I'm just a bit frustrated from seeing him exhibit some primadonna body language more often than he should. He can be one of the best players in the world if he understands what he is supposed to do with his talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.