11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

On the other hand, he toyed at times the guy who destroyed Vinicius a short while ago:

For people who say he's nowhere near Vini. Doku's talent is absolutely off the charts, but I am seeing red flags recently that he's not willing to maximize said talent.

I don't think this video shows what you think it does...

Hope so, I'm just a bit frustrated from seeing him exhibit some primadonna body language more often than he should. He can be one of the best players in the world if he understands what he is supposed to do with his talent.
He does have that primadonna in him. Hope he doesn't go the route of the Dut j kid that went to Madrid a while back. His name escapes me now. Phenomenal dribbler who just needed to figure it all out but ended up never developing and losing confidence. Got moved to fullback and flamed out :(

Hope so, I'm just a bit frustrated from seeing him exhibit some primadonna body language more often than he should. He can be one of the best players in the world if he understands what he is supposed to do with his talent.
What you said in the previous post about the KDB ball was nonsense though. He was going full pelt and still nowhere near it. It was a rare shite ball from the king. I watched the game the other night and thought his work rate was decent on the whole. He let his man go a couple of times before he went off but looked like he was struggling. All the burst he makes are going to take it out of him. You can understand him taking a breather when the ball is on the other wing.

I think he’s progressing very nicely since joining. Next season could be a big one for the lad.

He does have that primadonna in him. Hope he doesn't go the route of the Dut j kid that went to Madrid a while back. His name escapes me now. Phenomenal dribbler who just needed to figure it all out but ended up never developing and losing confidence. Got moved to fullback and flamed out :(
Drenthe?

What you said in the previous post about the KDB ball was nonsense though. He was going full pelt and still nowhere near it. It was a rare shite ball from the king.
It wasn't the best ball but you slide to try to get to it, even if you can't. Thats called giving 100 percent. You need to do everything to try, if everything is not enough, its fine because you did everything. But he didn't in that occassion.

It wasn't the best ball but you slide to try to get to it, even if you can't. Thats called giving 100 percent. You need to do everything to try, if everything is not enough, its fine because you did everything. But he didn't in that occassion.
Then he just would have missed the ball as he was nowhere near it. Instead he chased it,kept it in and passed to a teammate. So hardly the play of someone giving up.

Then he just would have missed the ball as he was nowhere near it. Instead he chased it,kept it in and passed to a teammate. So hardly the play of someone giving up.
Doku is one of those players whose languid style makes him look like he’s disinterested at times though. Even if he’d dived for that ball, it would have made people think he did all he could.

Cole Palmer and Mahrez are similar in that respect too.

The defender mostly getting worked by Vini and barely hanging on
It doesn't show that. Vini got by him only once and tried it a dozen times. Doku was more successful against the same defender.

Anyway there were people here who called Doku slow, but apparently he posted the second highest top speed of the tournament with 35.3 km/h.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.