11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

No he wasn’t right that’s why I posted that reply, and that’s your business if you don’t like Doku as a player, don’t converse that to me.
Doku is my favorite player in the world (look at my username) but its a simple fact he's not going the extra mile to succeed. There was a moment yesterday when KDB played Lukaku upfront and Doku was a little bit behind the action, and instead of sprinting to the box to give Lukaku an option to pass he just jogged while all the opposition defenders rush back ahead of him. He does this so often its just infuriating.

Also, if youre just camping on the touchline all game instead of mixing it up, you will be easier to double. But then since you're not making any off ball movement for 99 percent of the time the least we can expect is to take the ball and attack your defender more often. He was waving off Theate so many times when tried to get the ball to him.

He can be a BDO candidate if he changes his mentality. If he plays without heart, going through the motions and doing "enough", he will stay an above average footballer but not much more. And that would be a shame given his natural ball talent and athleticism.

He sometimes looks like he’s being controlled by a PlayStation controller that’s just had every button randomly pressed.
Fuck knows how the opposition can guess his next move when he doesn’t know! Haha!

Doku is my favorite player in the world (look at my username) but its a simple fact he's not going the extra mile to succeed. There was a moment yesterday when KDB played Lukaku upfront and Doku was a little bit behind the action, and instead of sprinting to the box to give Lukaku an option to pass he just jogged while all the opposition defenders rush back ahead of him. He does this so often its just infuriating.

Also, if youre just camping on the touchline all game instead of mixing it up, you will be easier to double. But then since you're not making any off ball movement for 99 percent of the time the least we can expect is to take the ball and attack your defender more often. He was waving off Theate so many times when tried to get the ball to him.

He can be a BDO candidate if he changes his mentality. If he plays without heart, going through the motions and doing "enough", he will stay an above average footballer but not much more. And that would be a shame given his natural ball talent and athleticism.

I think he’s had quite a lot of muscle injuries in his short career and this is an inkling on my part but I think that’s why you don’t see him sprinting long distances with the same vigour as when he attempts take ons closer to the box.

At city, he’s much further up the pitch by default due to the way we play.

I think he even said something in his interview when he joined about how he’s learned how to look after his body.

Yeah I love Doku but he can be frustrating and the fact that he immediately looks at the dugout every time he misses a shot makes me think he's not particularly headstrong.

He's basically got the option of knuckling down and working on what he's shit at or continuing at this level and never fully reaching his potential, like Leroy Sane.

It might just be that it’s his athleticism ( explosive speed) which makes it hard for him to do all the running people expect of him.

Some players are born with incredible speed, others with fantastic stamina, but very rare you can do both.

You have no doubt followed his career a lot closer than me but I don’t get the impression he is not working hard enough or the type not to give his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.