11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

It feels to me like Pep has reined him in a bit, he barely tries to beat his man now. Think opposition have also realised not to go in on him with just the one player, now they just back off if solo. It’s the opposition making the first move which allows him to go past people.

Hopefully that electricity we saw previously comes back, but atm I’d rather see Bobb there.

He was abysmal in that 1st half. He has so much of the ball but does so little with it. If he isn’t assisting or scoring he should be nowhere near the side. Theres other players that you can put wide left, who equally won’t break any G/A records but they will give us solidity that Doku doesn’t. Bernardo is arguably no better with the final ball but we can trust him 100%.
Has only assisted in 1 Premier League game all season. Hopefully he can start delivering better numbers in the run in and next season.

Pep seems to trust in him. He’s definitely out of form but he’s a kid he needs support. Hopefully Pep takes him out the spotlight for a couple of weeks.

This is why Jack is getting injured is not good at all, There's need senior player ahead of him that can lessen his burden and takes aways his spotlight away from him for little bit.

If Pep plays him for least 20 mins v Liverpool he has pace which will test their defence i.e. Van Dijk who is not a pacey as he was .

Doku will come good better first season than Jack but everyone needs a new punching bag since Raheem left.
He's only a kid really, shouldn't be starting in the big games but Jack is now made of bolser wood. A very raw player, I prefer Bobb as I think he sees the pass alot better.

I think he'll do well here eventually, I think he may be struggling with the "don't lose the ball" mantra from Pep as when he first signed he was loads better. Id be playing Bobb over him atm

Really struggling currently and offered little threat today. He should not be starting next week imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.